Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

please find RC2 here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=496350

Hi all,

We have a Release Candidate!

-------------------------------------- read this, too ------------------------------------------------

• Repro-5 installs with Repro V1.1 linked below (Installer called Repro, says Repro-1 during process, but Repro-5 is in it)
  • Sometimes this upgrade needs a reboot to "take" (MacOS High Sierra...)
  • Repro-1 Randomizers presets crash Repro-1 in this version - please remove until further notice!
  • It *is* a beta... use at your own risk... i.e. don't install just yet if you're in the middle of something, and if you do maybe do a backup first.
  • In future there'll be just "Repro" and it'll install both R1 and R5 -> there will not be individual products containing only Repro-1 or only Repro-5
  • Repro-5 unlocks with same serial number as Repro-1, otherwise runs in demo mode (there's no temp serial)
  • Repro-5 has preliminary factory presets, not all tagged, not complete yet, more to come, we can't estimate how many there'll be...900+ factory presets added
  • Final release will be in December, we put Dec 12th some time next week in our calendar (might still shift, dunno)
  • Upgrade from Repro-1 to Repro: Free! (if you have Repro-1, you have Repro-5)
  • Retail Price for Repro: 149$, from January 1st 2018, noon CET
  • (that's right... plenty of time to buy Repro for $99, even after beta testing)

-------------------------------------- ok, proceed ------------------------------------------------

Repro V1.1 RC1 Mac (AAX/AU/NKS/VST2/VST3)
Repro V1.1 RC1 Win (AAX/NKS/VST2/VST3)

Linux asap, maybe next week or so.

Thanks,

- Urs

Repro 1.1 RC1 changelog (changes since public beta rev. 6634)

Fixed:

* Crash on MIDI learn page
* Crash if plugin installation path contains an apostrophe
* Graphics glitch when using Velvet presets & preset browser at same time
* Copying preset database between Mac and Win did not copy all favourites & junk
* "Show preset info" setting was not persistent
* Text search did not take quotation marks into account
* Overwriting a preset removed its junk/favourite status
* Copying a folder did not copy the junk/favourite status of presets
* Windows only - cursor was always placed at start of text search field
* Windows only - was sometimes showing wrong characters in dropdown menus and search root display
* Bug when importing old favourites & junk during installation
* Dragging multiple presets onto tag smart folder only saved tag in one preset
* If inside a subfolder, wrong preset list was shown after reopening GUI
* Graphics glitches in tag view and in preset inspector (display overflowing)
* Clicking below Noise in mixer section could activate the Noise/FB jumper
* Init preset was not using default author

Improvements:

* Removed Any tag in Categories
* Selecting a main category tag now shows all included presets
* Further improvements to category tag button selection
* Added favourites tag buttons to tag view page
* Directory view scrollbar handling improved
* Improvements in multi-core thread handling (lower overall CPU, fewer spikes)
* 900+ factory presets added to R5

Known Issues (no worries, many of those have been there for years and will be tackled as we go):

* FL Studio - s&h rate in Repro-5 erratic while host is playing (we are working on it, it's a deeper issue)
* Bitwig - possible sound issues (silence or volume overload) when reloading project
* Ableton Live - problem with parameter automation
* MPE issues with Modwheel and Pitchbend
* Bug when using polyphonic Aftertouch
* Not possible to search for text strings containing an apostrophe
* Win only - Gamma setting only changing after reopening GUI
* Switching HQ creates a temporary DC offset (by design...)
* Folder highlighting after saving searches not consistent
* Some small issues with preset restore function
* When working on multiple projects in parallel, a refresh might be needed to sync all instances after making changes in preset browser
* Copy & paste via shortcuts not working in some hosts (mainly on Mac)
* In a few hosts, a "send all keys to plugin" option needs to be used
* Mac only - 32bit VST2 will open floating window for text search field (legacy code, will probably stay...)
* Win only - Sonar hangs when using Tab key in text search field
* Win only - issue with mouse and text search field in ProTools
* Win only - short flickering while entering strings in text search field

Thank you :-)
Go team u-he
rsp
sound sculptist

Just bought Repro and love it :)

Couple questions.

1. Would it be possible to midi-learn the mod wheel to a knob. I'm using my minilogue as a controller, and don't have a way to "midi-learn it" to anything. If I could route it to the LFO intensity knob, that would be great!

2. Is there/will there be a way to use the effects on external audio? They really are fantastic!

musichascolors wrote:1. Would it be possible to midi-learn the mod wheel to a knob. I'm using my minilogue as a controller, ...
Hi musichascolors,

first of all thank you for your compliments!
About your first questions, MIDI-learning the modwheel isn't possible in our synths since it's a performance control, and you need to use the modwheel on your controller keyboard to play/record it. The Minilogue has that small lever on the left side, does it not send modwheel data? Can you check?

Apart from that, you can of course always draw modwheel curves into the track with the plugin (your DAWs manual will explain where to find that in case you're not sure).

Viktor
u-he team
Last edited by Viktor [TUC] on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just a note that on mac at least it removes Factory Beta folder so if like me you have favourited a few patches here (I am sure they are in the factory bank somewhere), you may want to move than and re-add that.
rsp
sound sculptist

Ok I rescued my Factory Beta folder but all the favourites are gone.... even though they are the same level hierarchically as before (as far as I can tell)..
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Ok I rescued my Factory Beta folder but all the favourites are gone.... even though they are the same level hierarchically as before (as far as I can tell)..
thanks
rsp
Think I found this solution.
On Mac, the preset database use to be in two separate folders. One for Repro-1 one for Repro-5.
THeya re now apparently both in the Repro-1 preset database folder.
So moving the one from the Repro-5 subfolder into this new location solves it.
rsp
sound sculptist

The unshushable Coktor wrote:
musichascolors wrote:1. Would it be possible to midi-learn the mod wheel to a knob. I'm using my minilogue as a controller, ...
Hi musichascolors,

first of all thank you for your compliments!
About your first questions, MIDI-learning the modwheel isn't possible in our synths since it's a performance control, and you need to use the modwheel on your controller keyboard to play/record it. The Minilogue has that small lever on the left side, does it not send modwheel data? Can you check?

Apart from that, you can of course always draw modwheel curves into the track with the plugin (your DAWs manual will explain where to find that in case you're not sure).

Viktor
u-he team
Thank you very much, I'll give that a try :) The lever had just been acting as a pitch bend, but I'll see if I can change the settings within the minilogue. I'm a bit skeptical that it'll work, as the lever acts on a spring, and returns to zero when released.

Any info regarding the effects and external audio?

cpu usage does indeed seem to be significantly down...and definitely asio spiking in Cubendo.

All other work for today, cancelled :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
zvenx wrote:Ok I rescued my Factory Beta folder but all the favourites are gone.... even though they are the same level hierarchically as before (as far as I can tell)..
thanks
rsp
On Mac, the preset database use to be in two separate folders. One for Repro-1 one for Repro-5.
rsp
Yes, this was changed, the Repro-1 and Repro-5 databases now live in the same folder.

To clarify about what happened to your favourites:
When you load the plugin, it will rescan the database and update itself to include any changes the user might have done in the Finder/Explorer since the last time the plugin was loaded.
If you removed a folder with favourited presets, the next time you start the plugin, it will remove those presets and its favourite status from the database, since the presets no longer exist.
If you then add the folder back into its place at a later time, the database can not know that these presets had existed previously and had any favourite status attached to them (since the database was updated in the meantime).
Same thing if you move folders and presets around in the Mac Finder. If the presets are found in a different folder location on the next start of the plugin, any previously attached favourite or junk status will be lost. This has always been the case, even with the old browser.

You can however rearrange your folder and preset structure directly from inside the plugin's preset browser now (add/copy/delete/rename folders, move/delete/duplicate presets, ...). This way the database always knows what changes are made and thus can retain the favourite/junk status of presets.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
zvenx wrote:
thanks
rsp
rsp
Yes, this was changed, the Repro-1 and Repro-5 databases now live in the same folder.

To clarify about what happened to your favourites:
When you load the plugin, it will rescan the database and update itself to include any changes the user might have done in the Finder/Explorer since the last time the plugin was loaded.
If you removed a folder with favourited presets, the next time you start the plugin, it will remove those presets and its favourite status from the database, since the presets no longer exist.
If you then add the folder back into its place at a later time, the database can not know that these presets had existed previously and had any favourite status attached to them (since the database was updated in the meantime).
Same thing if you move folders and presets around in the Mac Finder. If the presets are found in a different folder location on the next start of the plugin, any previously attached favourite or junk status will be lost. This has always been the case, even with the old browser.

You can however rearrange your folder and preset structure directly from inside the plugin's preset browser now (add/copy/delete/rename folders, move/delete/duplicate presets, ...). This way the database always knows what changes are made and thus can retain the favourite/junk status of presets.

Thanks.

except you could manually edit the favourite file to show new location, but basically you are saying once I move them from within the plugin it will be fine.
Btw I can confirm that It does indeed read the mac database on the pc and the pc now does read the favourites file properly if there is no database.

Not sure what is causing it though, my pc is significantly faster in theory than the mac, but update database takes 7 seconds on pc but less than a second on the mac.... Mac is on SSD though and PC isn't.
What kind of database update times were you guys seeing at base?
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Btw thus far exceptional work on the presets.
Going thru all 900? to choose favourites.

Really allowing Repro to shine as for me the best sounding synth I have ever played.......yes I include hardware of yore in that list (well I still have an unhealthy love for Oberheim's OB-X/OB-8) but with the quality effects in Repro it has for me surpassed even hardware synths I have played in the past.

Fantastic job.

rsp
sound sculptist

Not sure what is causing it but say the Bass AZ Overtone, there is noise being emitted long after the note has stopped playing.......and I mean minutes and it never goes away until you change to a new patch.

Actually its the last four AZ bass patches. Overtone to AZ TipToe.
Without even playing a note, just switching to those patches causes noise coming from my DAW.

I am an idiot.......
It is velvet I turned off everything except the effects.

Too late now, but I indeed wish there was an auto mute for Velvet.

Surely don't miss the noise of years gone by.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Not sure what is causing it though, my pc is significantly faster in theory than the mac, but update database takes 7 seconds on pc but less than a second on the mac.... Mac is on SSD though and PC isn't.
There's your answer.

EvilDragon wrote:
zvenx wrote:Not sure what is causing it though, my pc is significantly faster in theory than the mac, but update database takes 7 seconds on pc but less than a second on the mac.... Mac is on SSD though and PC isn't.
There's your answer.
HI ED, I know you are on PC, are you on SSD as your C drive? if not what type of update database times are you getting?
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”