[SOLVED] Plugin freezes

Official support for: midimood.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I used a pre-2.0 version of Kameleono that worked very well in Cubase 9.5 64-bit on Windows. After upgrading it to 2.0, however, inserting a new Kameleono VST instance into the project causes it to freeze as soon as the plugin editor window automatically opens.

It is OK if I load a project that contains an old Kameleono instance that was created when its version was lower than 2.0. Unfortunately, pressing the "STOP" button (which was initially set to "START") in the Pattern tab also makes the plugin freezes immediately, which might suggest that the new Pattern feature introduced in the 2.0 update is possibly related to this freezing problem.

I am wondering if this problem is specific to my environment. Would it be possible to see if the new version (especially the Pattern tab's Player feature) works well on Cubase without freezes?
Last edited by particle_filter on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Same thing here, with Cubase, Mixcraft, Mulab.
If the DAW is playing, no freeze when I hit stop in Kameleono's pattern tab.
But if the DAW is not on play, hitting Stop on pattern tab > freeze.

Thank you, skarabee. Good to know that freezing in version 2.0 is not just my problem.

Hope to get a fix soon! Kameleono is pretty powerful, and it is hard to find a good replacement for it.

particle_filter wrote:I used a pre-2.0 version of Kameleono that worked very well in Cubase 9.5 64-bit on Windows. After upgrading it to 2.0, however, inserting a new Kameleono VST instance into the project causes it to freeze as soon as the plugin editor window automatically opens.

It is OK if I load a project that contains an old Kameleono instance that was created when its version was lower than 2.0. Unfortunately, pressing the "STOP" button (which was initially set to "START") in the Pattern tab also makes the plugin freezes immediately, which might suggest that the new Pattern feature introduced in the 2.0 update is possibly related to this freezing problem.

I am wondering if this problem is specific to my environment. Would it be possible to see if the new version (especially the Pattern tab's Player feature) works well on Cubase without freezes?
What do you mean "freeze". Does the UI stop responding?

Yep, both plugin and DAW windows stop responding.

particle_filter wrote:Yep, both plugin and DAW windows stop responding.
Was it stuck for a while and then released, or just stayed dead stuck?

midimood wrote:
particle_filter wrote:Yep, both plugin and DAW windows stop responding.
Was it stuck for a while and then released, or just stayed dead stuck?
Also, are you using Mac or Windows?

Win 10 on Asus Rog, with MOTU Ultralite MK4 (all drivers up to date)

As soon as I hit STOP in the pattern tab, if the Daw is not playing, all is frozen. I have to kill the process in Windows. (Cubase, Mulab, Mixcraft)
I'll test with Bitwig demo.

Edit: Tested with Bitwig (32 bits and 64 bits Kameleono)
All seemed to work fine, because Btiwig ask to start the audio engine before editing the plugin.
But if I clear a pattern and hit play: Frozen > kill process on Windows.
Last edited by skarabee on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stuck forever. Cubase 9.5 64-bit on Windows 10.

particle_filter wrote:Stuck forever. Cubase 9.5 64-bit on Windows 10.
OK.
Thanks for reporting.
Working on a fix...

Please send an email to support@midimood.com.
It will be easier and faster to communicate.
I'll send you a pre-release version for testing as soon as the bug will be fixed.

Thank you.

Confirmed upgrading to Kameleono 2.1 solves my problem.

Thank you for the quick fix!

Fixed!
And nice addition with 12 patterns activated by midi notes. :tu:

Return to “MIDIMood”