I love Xpand2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There, I said it.

Its old,outdated,the interface looks like something out of the 90s,but its great !

A classic.

Instant loading,a huge array of quality sounds,with aftertouch enabled,and knobs mapped to my Novation SL.

I know its good because I just got lost playing it for two hours. :)

I agree, I fired it up on a whim the other night and was impressed by the sounds and the smart choices they made assigning parameters to the limited amount of controllers.

Where is Xpand!3
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Me too

Agreed !
The only problem with Xpand is that it's a "gateway drug" to the rest of AIR's AIEP. 8)

I succumbed and upgraded to AIEP3 a few weeks after getting Xpand for $1.
Unbeatable bang for the buck IMHO !

I think they know what they are doing, there is usually free or $1 offer just to get you hooked.
Then it's too late, and your jonesin' for more. :hyper:

I think all the AIR plugins sound great in general, I only wish the GUI's would be updated for modern screen sizes and resolutions.

- Jay

I just wish it was Xpanded to open up the powerful synthesis engine inside it (like its predecessor Hypersonic was).

(Although it appears the wavetable part may have been used for Hybrid)

dellboy wrote:Its old,outdated,the interface looks like something out of the 90s,but its great !

A classic.
I feel that way about several of their instruments, with Transfuser being my favorite.
Bug Music wrote: I succumbed and upgraded to AIEP3 a few weeks after getting Xpand for $1.

I think they know what they are doing, there is usually free or $1 offer just to get you hooked.
That's how they get you. :hihi:

telecharge wrote: That's how they get you. :hihi:
:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqyGoE2Q4Y

- Jay

The whole AIR family is on sale for 75 euros at the moment at audiodeluxe.

Also, Xpand!2 is on sale at reverb.com for 7.50 euros.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Bug Music wrote:Agreed !
The only problem with Xpand is that it's a "gateway drug" to the rest of AIR's AIEP. 8)

I succumbed and upgraded to AIEP3 a few weeks after getting Xpand for $1.

I think all the AIR plugins sound great in general, I only wish the GUI's would be updated for modern screen sizes and resolutions.

- Jay
YEEEEESSSS! They got me too. I don't regret a thing. Best bargain on the net. One or two of the plugs alone is worth the price of admission. Xpand2 reminded me a bit of a late 90's workstations like the Triton mixed with little of the Reason Combinator. Every time Air stuff goes on a no brainer sale, I tell people to jump on it and get the upgrade. One because it is soooo worth it and two because I want Air to be around for a while.

Great to hear. I looked at the Xpand!2 video and the workflow with the additional power from the easy buttons remind me of my Proteus 1. It seems like such a joy to work with.
Go MuLab!

I tried to like this, but those not-customer-friendly long menus are not helping. It's not easy to read on a FullHD screen, so in this sense I am happy I don't have a 4K screen. But hey, $1 is not much for a plugin I won't use. :) The Korg M1 plugin was more expensive, and that also has an outdated UI. Probably none of these will get an update ever.

dellboy wrote:There, I said it.

Its old,outdated,the interface looks like something out of the 90s,but its great !

A classic.

Instant loading,a huge array of quality sounds,with aftertouch enabled,and knobs mapped to my Novation SL.

I know its good because I just got lost playing it for two hours. :)
Welcome to the family. It has some weird charm and it works. It also has some magical skills. It "abrakadabra" 4 other Air products to my HD before I even realized :help:

And the worst part is that I love them all and use them all the time. What a waste of GAS :(

Distorted Horizon wrote: And the worst part is that I love them all and use them all the time. What a waste of GAS :(
:hihi: I was thinking the same thing: what good are all my other downloaded VSTi's now?
Go MuLab!

I love it too, and feel no shame in that! :lol:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”