Looking for a sample library which wasn't "painstakingly" or "meticulously" sampled

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there such a thing? or all libraries were painstakingly sampled as its mentioned on every PR webpage for sample libraries?

Sure. There's a dev called Imperfect Samples, and I've done things like a folk-punk tuba. But also take a look at stuff like Albion V and Metropolis Ark 2 - stuff recorded very quietly. It tends to have more noise and inconsistencies no matter how painstakingly and meticulously the dev tries to avoid them. Or Spitfire LCO Strings, which are meticulously and painstakingly sampled, including a lot of harsh, noisy and detuned sounds.

Not sure if that was a rhetoric question?

But 8dio Misfit line comes to minds. Instruments played by people who never used that instrument before. At least that's what they initially claimed. Certainly quirky.

There is also the Poor Rabbits recorders, played by high school students who are not at the top level.

I have some buckets, tools and kitchen stuff Ill share with you. Rest assured there was no pain or meticules involved.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Anything by EastWest

hashtag snap

I know what you mean. The words ‘deeply sampled’ just make me sigh. Marketing speak at its worst
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Rattly and Raw

Atom Hub

SZCZ

My synth sample packs are not painstakingly sampled because when I grow tired of sampling I call it a day and I publish them as they are, even if I feel that maybe I should add some more. :lol: For the same reason, they are not meticulously sampled (I try to do my best, I do care about quality, but "meticulously" is way excessive)...
But this is not a source of income to me (I make zero money out of them), I don't care about marketing (actually I hate it) and such because I don't plan of making it money from samples anytime soon (I record and share my samples to give something back to the community).

If this was my job, I would understand some marketing. Building a *proper* sound library requires a good effort (even my free amateur libraries require some effort, so...) and I understand the reasons for stressing on that. Ditto for stressing on the quality of product. When it's a source of income, some marketing is unavoidable... though I get tired of those usual cliché sentences (such as "painstakingly" or "meticulously" sampled). Same for those "genre-specific titles" (I think it's ok to describe the product, but a lot of titles are so similar, so it's a mess to remember their names).
Luckily, I'm able to just judge the product with my ears regardless of all the marketing, but it's still annoying.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

martinjuenke wrote:Rattly and Raw
are quite meticulously rattly and/or raw

tehlord wrote:Anything by EastWest

hashtag snap
I only have SO Silver.
A couple years ago I trotted out some cello section patches
they rather dropped the ball editing the things

Modwheel are interesting http://www.modwheel.co.nz

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”