Plugs won't load if I'm wifi connected to the internet

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Studio One ver 3, on a Windows 8 computer (latest updates installed for S1 and Melda plugs)
If I'm connected to the internet when I start Studio One, no Melda plugs will load into my DAW. This includes all effects and instruments. Also, it doesn't help if I turn off my wifi and disconnect. I have to then close Studio One, turn off wifi, and restart Studio One.
Is there some setting that I need to change to solve this? It's not a huge deal, usually. But it can be a wee bit of an annoyance sometimes. Any ideas why this happens?

Do Melda plugs "phone home" on initialization?

I don't think so, so it's hard to imagine it's the Melda plugs at fault.

I don't know if Melda plugs "phone home." (Does that mean check for updates?)

The problem doesn't happen with any other plugins. However, it's small potatoes really. It only takes a minute to shut down the DAW, turn off wifi, and restart Studio One. I usually just grab one of my guitars, tune it, and everything is up & running before I'm done tuning, usually.

I'm curious about what's up with that, but still, not a big deal.

Mr D wrote:Do Melda plugs "phone home" on initialization?

I don't think so, so it's hard to imagine it's the Melda plugs at fault.
Rather sounds like they check for hardware changes to stay authorized.

You're a very forgiving soul, it would annoy the hell out of me!

But then i've normally already knocked out 5 hits before Cubase finishes booting up! :hihi:

Hmmm, that's rather weird, I'd even say extremely weird :D. The plugins may send try to connect to the servers for update detection / platform report, but I never heard it could hickup like this and all these things are performed in a background thread, so it shouldn't interfere anyways. Try updating your BIOS and network drivers and check if there isn't some crazy antivirus / antimalware / firewall running, try disabling them for one run, to see if it would help.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”