Wav file recorded in Acid Pro changes time length when imported into T5, why/fix?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I import a wav file recorded in Acid Pro into Tracktion T5, it changes from a 39 minute song to a 10 hour song and plays super slow, yet that same file plays correctly at 39 minutes in Audacity or Winamp. How do I change the import to correct the time stamp or whatever is the cause ?

Is this a bit rate issue? Is it important that the file imported be a certain bit rate ? Do I have to change the Acid Pro recording or export parameters so it is compatible with Tracktion T5 ?

Does Tracktion have a way to correct the time stamp so that it imports correctly ?

My goal is to be able to edit/mix multitrack music sessions that were originally recorded on Acid Pro, and I import the .wav files into Tracktion T5 for final mixing.

Not sure if this is problem, but when you imported the file to T5, did it ask you if you wanted to import settings or something like that. If you chose yes try importing again and select ignore, or vice / versa.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

it probably has a tempo tag from acid and tracktion tries to fit it to its project-tempo with timestretching?

one place to look: select the clip, in the properties panel on the bottom go to the second page and disable autotempo, when it is active.

Return to “Tracktion”