Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Living Room
KVRer

24 posts since 18 Jan, 2018, from Chennai, India

Postby Living Room; Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:10 am Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

Howdy folks! We are the Living=Room. Being avid classic rock fans, we thought it was time to hit the studio and re-create the 80s magic. So here's our version of the Pink Floyd song "Another Brick In The Wall" for your ears only. Please don't hesitate to share your feedback:)

https://soundcloud.com/livingroomtheban ... wall-cover
sjm
KVRAF

1658 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:38 pm Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

I like the slightly raw sound. Seeing images of the film in my mind while listening, which was also raw and gritty. :tu:

I do think the vocals could be a bit better mixed in parts, and wonder if you couldn't have borrowed a class of kids for a "school project"...
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
Living Room
KVRer

Postby Living Room; Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:05 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

We are chuffed to know that you liked it!

We will definitely improve on the vocals.

School kids - We'll rope in next time :tu:
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

2142 posts since 11 May, 2011, from Not where I was just now.

Postby Googly Smythe; Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:44 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

I would say that the volume of the guitar needs evening out - it's too quiet in the upper register but too loud in the lower.
A creditable (creditible?) recreation.

But it's 70s, not 80s! (Ok, I know, just by a few weeks! :D )
markkuja
KVRian

782 posts since 28 Oct, 2005, from Finland

Postby markkuja; Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:04 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

Pleasant to listen to well done version... sounds nice
vurt
addled muppet weed

36764 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

nice work with the guitar solo, although as mentioned above the mix could do with a little work.
otherwise though a good start, with a few tweaks it could be great :)
htcnext2
KVRist

242 posts since 3 Jul, 2017, from Austria

Postby htcnext2; Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:38 pm Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

You could give it a new try with some mastering improvements. The song is ok like that. It could need a bit tweaking in the higher mids and a more aggressive approach in limiting (mastering stage). So the whole would sound more fresh...
Nice work.
Greetings
HM
Living Room
KVRer

Postby Living Room; Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:32 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

Googly Smythe wrote:I would say that the volume of the guitar needs evening out - it's too quiet in the upper register but too loud in the lower.
A creditable (creditible?) recreation.

But it's 70s, not 80s! (Ok, I know, just by a few weeks! :D )

Yeah...
I'm still learning to get a good tone outta my guitar...Hopefully I'll get better...
Thanks man :tu:
Living Room
KVRer

Postby Living Room; Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:35 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

markkuja wrote:Pleasant to listen to well done version... sounds nice

:love: :love: :love:
Living Room
KVRer

Postby Living Room; Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:39 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

vurt wrote:nice work with the guitar solo, although as mentioned above the mix could do with a little work.
otherwise though a good start, with a few tweaks it could be great :)

Thanks man :-) We will work on the mix for sure :tu:
Living Room
KVRer

Postby Living Room; Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:42 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

htcnext2 wrote:You could give it a new try with some mastering improvements. The song is ok like that. It could need a bit tweaking in the higher mids and a more aggressive approach in limiting (mastering stage). So the whole would sound more fresh...
Nice work.
Greetings
HM

Thanks for pointing out...
We are working on it..Cheers :)
Living Room
KVRer

Postby Living Room; Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:14 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

Hello friends!!! We have made a video of "Living=Room" recording "Another Brick In the Wall (cover)". Kindly look at it when you find time :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvFOfi9vg8E
sjm
KVRAF

1658 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:51 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

That's some cool photography half way through. And the artwork too (or is it a processed photo?)
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)
Living Room
KVRer

Postby Living Room; Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:00 am Re: Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

Thank you so much for your compliment :clap: :clap: :clap:

We used a professional photographer. I assume its processed :tu:

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe