Another Brick In The Wall (Living=Room cover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howdy folks! We are the Living=Room. Being avid classic rock fans, we thought it was time to hit the studio and re-create the 80s magic. So here's our version of the Pink Floyd song "Another Brick In The Wall" for your ears only. Please don't hesitate to share your feedback:)

https://soundcloud.com/livingroomtheban ... wall-cover

I like the slightly raw sound. Seeing images of the film in my mind while listening, which was also raw and gritty. :tu:

I do think the vocals could be a bit better mixed in parts, and wonder if you couldn't have borrowed a class of kids for a "school project"...

We are chuffed to know that you liked it!

We will definitely improve on the vocals.

School kids - We'll rope in next time :tu:

I would say that the volume of the guitar needs evening out - it's too quiet in the upper register but too loud in the lower.
A creditable (creditible?) recreation.

But it's 70s, not 80s! (Ok, I know, just by a few weeks! :D )

Pleasant to listen to well done version... sounds nice

nice work with the guitar solo, although as mentioned above the mix could do with a little work.
otherwise though a good start, with a few tweaks it could be great :)

You could give it a new try with some mastering improvements. The song is ok like that. It could need a bit tweaking in the higher mids and a more aggressive approach in limiting (mastering stage). So the whole would sound more fresh...
Nice work.
Greetings
HM

Googly Smythe wrote:I would say that the volume of the guitar needs evening out - it's too quiet in the upper register but too loud in the lower.
A creditable (creditible?) recreation.

But it's 70s, not 80s! (Ok, I know, just by a few weeks! :D )
Yeah...
I'm still learning to get a good tone outta my guitar...Hopefully I'll get better...
Thanks man :tu:

markkuja wrote:Pleasant to listen to well done version... sounds nice
:love: :love: :love:

vurt wrote:nice work with the guitar solo, although as mentioned above the mix could do with a little work.
otherwise though a good start, with a few tweaks it could be great :)
Thanks man :-) We will work on the mix for sure :tu:

htcnext2 wrote:You could give it a new try with some mastering improvements. The song is ok like that. It could need a bit tweaking in the higher mids and a more aggressive approach in limiting (mastering stage). So the whole would sound more fresh...
Nice work.
Greetings
HM
Thanks for pointing out...
We are working on it..Cheers :)

Hello friends!!! We have made a video of "Living=Room" recording "Another Brick In the Wall (cover)". Kindly look at it when you find time :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvFOfi9vg8E

That's some cool photography half way through. And the artwork too (or is it a processed photo?)

Thank you so much for your compliment :clap: :clap: :clap:

We used a professional photographer. I assume its processed :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”