Multiple inputs Boss RC-505

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone. So I'm looking at getting the Boss RC-505 tabletop loop station but I'm wondering whether I am able to plug 2 intsruments in at one time and loop them independently. Specifically, I want to plug my keyboard and microphone in, and loop them. Is it possible playing one at a time? Is it possible playing both at the same time but only looping one?

Bonus question: Is there a way to have a loop going and playing, and just sing over the top independently and not looping it, while its still plugged into the loop board or do I need a second mic?

Thanks!

Kaeli wrote:I'm wondering whether I am able to plug 2 intsruments in at one time and loop them independently. Specifically, I want to plug my keyboard and microphone in, and loop them. Is it possible playing one at a time? Is it possible playing both at the same time but only looping one?
On the product page it says:
Boss wrote:The RC-505 is outfitted with a number of simultaneous inputs, allowing you to capture and mix a variety of different audio sources as you build loops. There’s an XLR microphone jack with phantom power, mono/stereo ¼-inch inputs for guitars, synths, or other instruments, and a mini-jack for connecting a smartphone or other stereo device.
I read that as that should be possible, since the inputs are simultaneous. I'd say all inputs combined at a certain time get recorded. With everything plugged in you can play a phrase on a synth and let that loop on track 1, then with the mic record other phrases on tracks 2 & 3, let that all loop while you freely jam over that, add something to loop on track 5, overdub on other tracks, etc etc.
Kaeli wrote:Is there a way to have a loop going and playing, and just sing over the top independently and not looping it, while its still plugged into the loop board or do I need a second mic?
Having heard several performances based on simular loop stations, that certainly should be possible.

I'd advice you to give the user manual a thorough read to get an idea of what it is capable of:
https://www.boss.info/global/support/by ... s_manuals/
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”