How to make this kind of sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone!

I am trying to figure out how I can make a sound like this one here:

https://instaud.io/1Ml6

Its sounding so "organic" and not-synth-like - I am really curious if someone can help me here to figure out
1. sound source? synth? sample?
2. unison? its not a chord.. its like a note spread over all octaves?

Thank you for anyone who is able to help me getting a better understanding of this type of sound.

Cant get the audio to play ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:Cant get the audio to play ...
strange.. because here it works on any browser fine.. even on my mobile phone!

xanthos wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Cant get the audio to play ...
strange.. because here it works on any browser fine.. even on my mobile phone!
Well .. it doesn't work here :shrug:

try this link:
http://chirb.it/xqtPP2

That works. Sounds like a synth to me. Cant help ya reproduce it tho ...

ok thanks anyway :( .. seems like a mission impossible to build this kind of sounds :O

xanthos wrote:ok thanks anyway :( .. seems like a mission impossible to build this kind of sounds :O
Hardly. Someone made it in the first place, so it must be reproducable. Chances are its a preset from a synth. The sound example you provided is very short and you've provided no other info about it (artist, track name, where its from, etc).

I hear a kick/bass drum, a bass and a pluck Which one do you mean?

The kick/bass drum sounds like a clean TR 808 style sine pitch with an emphasized click in the attack.
The bass sounds like a (very much) lowpassed saw (almost a sine) with a bit of ADSR filter cutoff modulation

I guess it's not the before mentioned that you are intruiged by....

The pluck is probably a (short) pulse in the 25% to 15% range with some noise added with short Attack an Decay on amp and sent through a very wide delay/reverb where the noise lingers a bit but is cut as next note starts. What you probably perceive as organic is the delay/reverb that you hear only in the side channels (left and right) and not in the mid. This makes it sound 'unnatural' but gives more room for the kickdrum and bass in the mid of the stereofield.

Also there's side chain compresion that makes its level of the noise duck/pump on kick hits.

So...it's not just a synth sound, but also very much the mid/side processing and the delay/reverb and sidechain compression

All from the head. I have not tried to reproduce any of this, but this is where I would start.

Should be a layered thing indeed with side chaining. Probably a Sylenth1 or even more likely a standard Nexus2 preset bass/pluck/sty. I have heard it before, should be part of one of the EDM (1/2/3) or Dance expansions.

Return to “Sound Design”