Halion Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HALion 7 HALion Sonic 7 Collection

50% off Halion-6 or Sonic 3 for 5 days:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/promotion/ ... N-FR-ES-JP

Interesting. I was thinking of getting this on sale. But now I have Falcon so I'm wondering what Halion 6 would give me for my £150.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote:Interesting. I was thinking of getting this on sale. But now I have Falcon so I'm wondering what Halion 6 would give me for my £150.
A better VA synth engine than Falcon, a better wavetable engine, and also a slightly better Granular synth engine.
Fernando (FMR)

Does Halion sonic 3 require a USB licence key?

chili beans wrote:Does Halion sonic 3 require a USB licence key?
The System Requirements here don't mention it, so, it must allow soft eLicenser. Nevertheless, it is much more convenient and safe to have the license stored in a eLicenser (I have). That way, you can use it wherever you want - you just have to plug the key and that's it. And if, for any reason, you loose access to your OS, you don't loose the license.
Fernando (FMR)

H6 has significantly deeper "sampling" and wave editing capabilities than Falcon. Falcon has better FX and probably is a slightly better hybrid synth. Obviously the latter is very subjective. I just find Falcon easier to get oddball synth combos into a viable patch. But, they do overlap a lot as "hybrid" synths.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Do I need Halion Sonic when I have NI Komplete, PadshopPro, Iris2 and some other synth? Just wondering...

I have Absolute 3 and NI Komplete. I think Halion Sonic complements Komplete well with bread and butter sounds of all kinds. The preset library is huge.

Neither Halion 6 or Halion Sonic 3 require a dongle anymore.

A big part of the acoustic instrument library is a mix of sounds from the Yamaha Motif XF and higher quality versions of sounds included with Hypersonic 2, with more samples, much more velocity layers and more articulations. Some of them were sampled by Wizoo but never used in any other VST plugin before. Of course they have been adding plenty of new sounds too:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/v ... fects.html

How often does HALion tend to go on sales like this one? It's mighty tempting, but I'm not sure I can cash out the money at the moment.

I'm wondering: I just went for Halionsonic 3 - I can upgrade to Halion later one if I want to - but as a Cubase user: do I need to keep the Halionsonic 3 SE folder? question of saving some 3GB of space ...
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

BeeDog wrote:How often does HALion tend to go on sales like this one? It's mighty tempting, but I'm not sure I can cash out the money at the moment.
Not very often. Halion 6.5/7 will probably be released around next year so don't expect any more sales anytime soon.
ErikH wrote:I'm wondering: I just went for Halionsonic 3 - I can upgrade to Halion later one if I want to - but as a Cubase user: do I need to keep the Halionsonic 3 SE folder? question of saving some 3GB of space ...
Halion Sonic SE has like 1GB of content exclusive to Cubase users. I would just keep it installed.

BeeDog wrote:How often does HALion tend to go on sales like this one? It's mighty tempting, but I'm not sure I can cash out the money at the moment.
Rarely. It's been a couple years since it was 50% off. I'm thinking about picking it up.

I know this is is the first time since the H6 cycle it has been.
and that is at least a year maybe?
rsp
sound sculptist

Romantique Tp wrote:I have Absolute 3 and NI Komplete. I think Halion Sonic complements Komplete well with bread and butter sounds of all kinds. The preset library is huge.

Neither Halion 6 or Halion Sonic 3 require a dongle anymore......

I got Halion 6 as part of Absolute 3 last Black Friday. It won't run without the dongle.

felis wrote: I got Halion 6 as part of Absolute 3 last Black Friday. It won't run without the dongle.
Yes, because Absolute 3 still requires the dongle.

Return to “Instruments”