Another company goes 64-bit only

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.exponentialaudio.com/latest ... octtExFyUk
64-bit only
As announced at the beginning of 2017, we've now discontinued updates of the 32-bit form of our plugins. If you're still running a 32-bit DAW, please consider updating or replacing it so that you can take advantage of the newest features and fixes from Exponential Audio.

:party:

A year ago
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:A year ago
What do you mean? They just discontinued 32-bit. Not a year ago. The announcement that they would do so was a year ago.

Steinberg wont sell me a floppy disc copy of Cubase that works on my Atari STe, the swines.

:x

thecontrolcentre wrote:Steinberg wont sell me a floppy disc copy of Cubase that works on my Atari STe, the swines.

:x
:D :D :D

It was bound to happen. And it's the same for every other company. I predict we will see a lot of announcements like this in 2018...
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

I wouldn't be surprised about that either.

Unnecessary for devs to spend lots of time on formats that are on the way out.

Kill 32 bit already!
dedication to flying

Impeach 64
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Do we really need another thread every time a company does this? Obviously everyone will eventually.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Piracy is most rampant on older 32-bit platforms like Windows XP. If you don't support 32-bit you lose 1% of your market and 90% of pirates.

With Apple discontinuing 32-bit support in the next version of OSX and Microsoft already not allowing 32-bit software in their "app store", there is less and less reason to bother supporting 32-bit when it merely adds overhead and doubles file size for that 1% extra sales that come with a disproportionate amount of issues and support requests.

Due to the fact piracy is mostly a decentralized thing today with bittorrent and similar, it makes attacking the sources (torrent trackers and forums) possible but expensive and quite impractical since any tracker taken down will be replaced in mere hours with ten fresh ones.

If nobody is distributing the warez because 90% of users require 32-bit, you have just eliminated 90% of the trackers and 90% of the sources to provide the bandwidth needed to run something like a bittorrent network.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Just abort the installation halfway through and, boom, 32-bit. How hard is that?! :roll:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

aciddose wrote:If you don't support 32-bit you lose 1% of your market and 90% of pirates.
... according to an extensive study you just pulled out of your ass?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”