Plugin Alliance: PickPack any 10 Plugins, $29 per month, 29 months, Own Them

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thought I share this new entry on GS, it`s what I consider a real deal and a win/win situation:

Dirk: "... This is NOT a subscription model, but a rent-to-own (interest free financing) offer.

- Pick any 10 plugins
- Pay $29 per month
- For 29 months
- Own them for life!
- save up to 70%" ..."

GS thread (URL shortened):
https://tinyurl.com/ydd9asvf

The deal:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/pick-pack.html

Your take ?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Not sure how good of deal this is at $350 a year for 10 plugins for 2 + years

29x29 = 841 - that makes it 84,1 per plugin...
Omkar wrote: Your take ?

Thanks, but no, thanks... :nutter:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Can I use my monthly PA coupons to pay for it?

:hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

No offense Dirk, but I'd rather see a sexy young woman promoting this ..

Proteinshake wrote:No offense Dirk, but I'd rather see a sexy young woman promoting this ..
Politically incorrect! Shame on you... :hihi:

jbarish wrote:Not sure how good of deal this is at $350 a year for 10 plugins for 2 + years
You can probably buy the entire PA catalogue for around that amount or less with deep discounts and vouchers, pretty sure they'll all turn up on sale at some point in the next 12 months. :?

Oh man, I am ALL over this! Nice!!

Damn right it's a good deal.
In my case:

TOTAL$1,400
PICKPACK29 monthly payments of $29﹡
YOU SAVE$559 (40%)

:tu:

Keep in mind that the "real" value of most plugin-alliance plugins is quite low as they frequently go on sale. So saving 40% isn't all that impressive.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Russell Grand wrote:Damn right it's a good deal.
In my case:

TOTAL$1,400
PICKPACK29 monthly payments of $29﹡
YOU SAVE$559 (40%)

:tu:
Are you serious or joking?

For me, it's not really about saving money so much as it's about getting a bunch of plugins that I've had my eye on for a long while that would normally take me months/years to buy all of if I were to pay individually but instead I'll have access to immediately while I pay them off. I've been doing the Serum monthly payment plan via Splice and it's worked out quite well for me, I love pay-as-you-go plans so I'm all for PA's.

Certainly your money and your choice, but what could these be? You didn't even pick (many) of their very expensive plugins... and PA are amongst the most overpriced plugins imagineable at their undiscounted prices.

850$? Just imagine how many incredible plugins you could purchase wih that amount on money. There is always something great on sale...
(Right now e.g. Amplitube Fender for ~22$)

You make some good points jens and I think for many people it's a wise choice to pass up on the plan. However I honestly don't mind paying for PA stuff because they're great quality and they're some of the last plugs on my list to get.

As for what I chose, I picked the remaining Unfiltered Audio plugs that I still don't have, the 2 3D audio plugs they offer, some SPL stuff, and a few others. You're right, though, PA plugs are pretty damn expensive. Lol. But yeah, overall I'm still happy with the plan. I got some nice goodies to mess around with tonight!

Oh and I already have Amplitube Fender! :hihi: :P

Return to “Effects”