Native Instrumens Expansions... opinions?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NI released new versions of their original Maschine expansion packs. These include now obviously presets for Massive, Prism and Monark as well as loops, samples and Battery kits.
Anybody’s already tried these? Opinions? Worth it?

martinjuenke wrote:NI released new versions of their original Maschine expansion packs. These include now obviously presets for Massive, Prism and Monark as well as loops, samples and Battery kits.
Anybody’s already tried these? Opinions? Worth it?

I got 10 expansions (used to just be maschine libraries)

I was going through some of the patches for Massive and they are great.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

It's logical - they can do expansions only. Reaktor expansions, kontakt expansons, etc.
Why don't they update Absynth, Fm8 and Massive?

Because unfortunately it looks like there's no money in doing that :/

They should release a pack just of the synth presets - don't care about the other stuff

aMUSEd wrote:They should release a pack just of the synth presets - don't care about the other stuff

they used to a long time ago now they are all included for free with the synths.

ATS wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:They should release a pack just of the synth presets - don't care about the other stuff

they used to a long time ago now they are all included for free with the synths.
They did that with the old Kore synth packs but I don't think this new content is available for free with the synths.

EvilDragon wrote:Because unfortunately it looks like there's no money in doing that :/
Every time someone says that, I'd like to point out I didn't give NI any money yet for their software :shrug:

But yes, the upcoming NI soundware online service shows that's what they're into.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

aMUSEd wrote:
ATS wrote:

They did that with the old Kore synth packs but I don't think this new content is available for free with the synths.

yeah of course the new stuff isn't free :)

Of course...so back to my original point, they should release the new synth presets in a pack by themselves, I don't want to pay $50 for just <50 patches and a bunch of samples and Maschine stuff that's just filler as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe they could combine the synth presets from the packs in each genre? So more than one pure synth pack but enough for it to be worthwhile buying. I'd only be interested in the cinematic stuff anyway.

aMUSEd wrote:Of course...so back to my original point, they should release the new synth presets in a pack by themselves, I don't want to pay $50 for just <50 patches and a bunch of samples and Maschine stuff that's just filler as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe they could combine the synth presets from the packs in each genre? So more than one pure synth pack but enough for it to be worthwhile buying. I'd only be interested in the cinematic stuff anyway.
I would be interested in such a pack as well...
NI, two customers are already willing to pay!
Make your move.

I don't see any expansions in native access. Or are these just updates for what you own? i see updates to Halcyon Sky and Lone Forest, which I own.

Finally an excuse to use my NI voucher :D

It's great to see some more Battery kits - I've been missing that a bit.
It does seem like Machine users get more content for their money, although perhaps 'construction loops' are they equivalent to Machine's 'patterns' in which case it's pretty even.

As other have mentioned, I do wish there was more synth patches. Most expansion I've looked at have 20-30 patches, which isn't really much.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I don't see any expansions in native access. Or are these just updates for what you own? i see updates to Halcyon Sky and Lone Forest, which I own.

yeah if you update them you'll get the rest of it

So the email I received about this says these Expansions can be used in Logic, Live etc..how does that work?

Return to “Soundware”