Demo noise

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just wanted to drop by this forum to say I tried to check out the new Waveform, but oh man, I can not get past that demo noise. It might be fine if it was only running when audio is playing, but when you’re learning a new program and figuring out all the basics like how to drop a VST on a track, dealing with a constant aggravating whine is… well, I couldn’t do it. If the intention is to let experience users get a taste of what the new version offers it's probably a good design. If the intention is to let new users get a grip on an unfamiliar app, well, it's problematic for me, at least.

That said, it might be worth noting I have not done anything music related in a very long time, so it’s probably fair to discount my opinion. Maybe I’ll take another stab at it, but so far I haven’t been able to deal with it for more than about 20 seconds at a time. It does look like a very nice DAW, with lots of interesting features, so congratulations on an exciting release.
angry red planet. temper.

Sign up for the 30-day demo and you won't get the noise. Yes, it is a pain to get the noise when you're not doing playback.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Oh thanks much for the info -- I did go through the trial and the installer was for "Trial - Waveform Ultimate" so I figured that's what I had, but after poking into it I see you can create registration keys for the trial. Thanks much!
angry red planet. temper.

And you can use Tracktion 6 for free forever. A lot of the same core features, so you can get familiar with the basics. :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I don't have a problem with the random demo noise popping in time by time.

I have other problems in the trial version. I record something clean, and play it correctly, but suddenly after a few moments, the clip plays it distorted every time. Also after restarting Waveform, after rebooting...
Tried different sessions already. With midi / audio / different plugins... after a few moments the sound gets distorted for some reason.

Wondering if other users have the same problems?

And Tracktion6 I cannot seem to unlock the trial version, I connect in that popup window to register it (as I registrered via my online account), and then he says he cannot make connection with the tracktion webserver. "try again after a few minutes", but doesn't do anything. I'm wondering if it's still possible to unlock the trial version of T6.
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

It should still be possible to unlock T6. This error message is the one that is returned if there is trouble connecting to our servers but you appear to have an active internet connection. This can be caused by security software such as virus scanners.

Can you trie the offline unlocker available from your account page? https://marketplace.tracktion.com/shop/offline-unlock/

Just to let you know that I got it to work via the offline unlock. Thanks!

In T6 I don't have this annoying crackling/distortion.... very happy with this!
I'll work with this version for now.
Maybe Waveform will work perfect on my system in an update or version 10 later on.

bulevardi wrote: Maybe Waveform will work perfect on my system in an update or version 10 later on.
Could it be that my soundcard is too old, giving problems rendering sound and giving noise/distortion time by time?
I run it on an old pc from 2007.... (however, upgraded with quadcore processor and 8gig ram, it's still the original old soundcard).

While I just installed the Waveform demo on another computer (newer from 2013 I think), same installed OS (linux mint), using same midi keyboard and audio stuff... works without any sound problems.

1. Sometimes (if using Asio) if the buffers are too small, you get that distortion
2. Some older VST's didn't play nicely with multi-processor systems. I think the newer
versions of Tracktion/Waveform took care of that, but not sure about T6. Try using
different VST's ?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

No, I'm using Alsa on Linux, instead of Asio. I'll try to set the buffers higher if it still occurs.

Currently I'm configuring my youngest pc (the one where Waveform seemed to work perfectly) for music production.
This morning, I reïnstalled Linux on it again but with XFCE instead of Cinnamon, would be slightly faster, 'maybe'.

It's not with older VST's, it was with the Collective and other tracktion native effects.

When it still occurs I can maybe opt for a better soundcard later on, as the one in this pc is just a standard type I guess...

bulevardi wrote:No, I'm using Alsa on Linux, instead of Asio. I'll try to set the buffers higher if it still occurs.
Not using Jack??
Making Bitpop music....
Tracktion Waveform 11 under Ubuntu 20.04.
ROC CUbe Ryzen 3400G - 32GB RAM, 2xSSD, Integrated Radeon RC Vega 11 GPU
Yamaha USB Mixing Station, Mackie Reference Monitors & Axiom A.I.R 32 controller.

gavindi wrote:
bulevardi wrote:No, I'm using Alsa on Linux, instead of Asio. I'll try to set the buffers higher if it still occurs.
Not using Jack??
(don't mention the war)
No, Jack doesn't seem to like me.

I wanted him as a friend, though... 8) But since back in 2014, I'm already looking to get Jack to work. When looking to my history, I can go back to this thread:
https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph ... 695#p56695

Since then, I'm troubleshooting in Linux with different distros like UbuntuStudio, KXStudio, GuitarINUX,... I've been trying every possible daw, from ardour/lmms/qtractor/muse/reaper/... There was always something that did not work as I wanted: sometimes audio worked but midi didn't, or the other way around. I did lots of attempts with Jack, Qjackctl, Patchage, Carla/Claudia/Catarina/Catia and other girls...
Maybe it was too complicated for me, maybe I can blame the system, maybe ...

In the mean time I didn't want to struggle anymore and spend time doing 'nothing', so I started recording in a Windows environment... until my Windows blocked this year and I'm 100% on Linux now.
I got it to work with Alsa. It's ok for me, I can live with that, perfectly.
I don't want to even try anymore with Jack, since I got a conehead from testing last couple of years.
But indeed, I know jack is more pro and there are so much more applications that I could use with it...I'm currently not have the feeling missing it... I'm not going to spend time anymore on that, I only live once, I can die next week, so I want to start recording today already and not tomorrow. ;)

Fair enough, if you got it going the way you like, then that's really all there is too it.
I was just curious..... :)
Making Bitpop music....
Tracktion Waveform 11 under Ubuntu 20.04.
ROC CUbe Ryzen 3400G - 32GB RAM, 2xSSD, Integrated Radeon RC Vega 11 GPU
Yamaha USB Mixing Station, Mackie Reference Monitors & Axiom A.I.R 32 controller.

Return to “Tracktion”