Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
] Peter:H [
KVRian

571 posts since 22 Sep, 2016
The kYbernetic Gods
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/the-kybernetic-gods

It's a track with mind control elements and ephemeral outer world beings in it.
It was received from the kYbernetic gods and channeld thru me into noizes and musical struCtures
It was done with Fathom as the only Synth, Cubase, lots of FX.

≡ Corporate Media Mind Control Update ≡ 24.03.2018 ≡

≡ Voting for OSC #109 has started - Check out here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=500875
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allomerus
KVRAF

1983 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia
This is cool Peter. I think the aliens/gods are trying to get me to think random thoughts...
Interesting sounds and beats. I like the alien talk...
Well done!
:)
Cheers,
John
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
KVRian

@Allomerus - Thanks for you nice words. "Obey!"
As always in my OneSynthChallenge entries somehow the Synth, this time the fabulous Fathom https://www.fathomsynth.com/took over control.

About the alien talk...my be I share hwo this was created.
As you know direct use of samples is not allowed in OneSynthChallenges.
But Fathom supports wavetables of 16 slots.
1.) I've created the speach samples with Balabolka which is a free Text2Speech programm
2.) I used each sampled word and preprocessed it, cutting of 0 samples from start and end
3.) Then i imported each sample into Tone2 Icarus. Tone 2 Icarus provides for nice Vocoder/Resampling options. You can clearly hear the effect on the word "kybernetik" which was robotized
4.) Exported the wavetable from Icarus as wav file. Icarus has up to 256 slots of 2048 samples and exports these as a a single wav file
5.) Then I split the export into junks of 16 * 2048 samples
6.) Of each junk I have created a fathom wavetable with a little python script.
7.) For the word "kybernetic" I ended up with 4 wavetables
8.) Created a Fathom patch for each of the wavetable which scans linearly thru the wavetable, i.e. reproducing a junk of 16*2048 samples - it's easy, just use linear rising ADSR to scan thru the wavetable
9.) Then I played all the 4 fathom patches in a row and voila we have the alien "Kybernetik"
KVRian

Added some comments about the making of the track
KVRian

Submission phase for One Synth Challenge #109 is over now. Voting will start soon!
Check out my track " The Kybernetic Gods ", see OP
And don't forget to check out the other submissions as well: https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... 109-fathom
seismic1
KVRAF

8978 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK
Alien dubstep vibes here, along with some cool sound-design, and I enjoyed the Jarre-esque strings too.

Good work :)
KVRian

seismic1 wrote:Alien dubstep vibes here, along with some cool sound-design, and I enjoyed the Jarre-esque strings too.

Good work :)

Alien Dubstep...probably your right, thanks seismic1 ;-) Some guys a OSC wrote that it contains traces of Brahms...It's interesting what different assoications are spawned in people listening to the same track.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe