Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
DJAleksandr
KVRer

24 posts since 10 Mar, 2018, from Scotland, Europe

Postby DJAleksandr; Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:00 am Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

Hey guys,

So last time I received constructive feedback about a song that I did, and one of the main things people said was that it was a bit generic.

So I'm back! With something new and what I think is quite unique, let me know what you think and how I can improve :D

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/sean-alexander-2 ... -an-empire
JKillz
KVRist

182 posts since 29 Dec, 2017, from USA

Postby JKillz; Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

This is really good, has that cinematic quality and feel to it. Definitely fitting for a climactic scene for sure :)
biodiode
KVRist

336 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:32 am Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

Nicely orchestrated and well balanced. The only suggestion I would make is that you may want to develop the theme a touch. The 4 note melody starts right from the off and then just repeats for the whole 3m19 of the track.
DJAleksandr
KVRer

24 posts since 10 Mar, 2018, from Scotland, Europe

Postby DJAleksandr; Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:51 pm Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

Thanks for the feedback JKillz and biodiode, helps me out alot! :D
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

3039 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Postby Kalamata Kid; Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:19 pm Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

Good try. I listen to classical.
Did good here but it took a second listen to appreciate it.
The start was good
Great transition at 0:46
Loved the final note!

I would like to see you make a complete classical piece.

I liked your "Switcher" perhaps a bit more.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.
fastlanephil
KVRist

464 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:57 pm Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

I thought it was well done but I also think it needs more development.
ChamMusic
KVRist

408 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:42 am Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

What you have so far is interesting with some strong melodic and rhythmic hooks, but...

For me it's not a finished piece...it needs:

More development of that main four note melody.

A strong contrasting section with new material.
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22094 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:49 am Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

Reminds me a bit of some dubstep tunes from around 2007/8 ... but it doesn't develop from the basic four note riff. Needs another hook or a "middle-eight" imho. I was waiting for some really crazy, heavy, dubstep beats to kick in all the way through the track. :) The mix itself is ok ... well balanced. It just needs a little more variation in the arrangement (or make it shorter).
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2428 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:00 pm Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

Good piece.
If I were you, I would change the structure in the following way.

1. Intro: most impressive tension builder is the 2nd bridge (1:40-1:53), start by that.
2. After the 2nd bridge, 1 verse, 1st bridge, 2nd verse, 3rd bridge and finale (as those are now).

To my opinion, this would improve the drama and intensity of the song, without any re-writing.
You may have to some slight adaptation between the new intro (old 2nd bridge) and 1st verse.

:tu:
Bansaw
KVRist

237 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Postby Bansaw; Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 pm Re: Rate my song - Electronic/Classical. 'The Fall of An Empire'

Nice like it. Interesting piece.
To me the drums don't sound like they're in the same "space" as the orchestral elements.
Orchestral elements could be layered to add more dimension to them.
But, good though, I liked the mix of the genres.
Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Kontakt 5, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | My Ebay profile |

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe