Soleil Vert: Kosmos 1999

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...sort of retro-futuristic synth track

https://soundcloud.com/soleil-vert/kosmos-1999

This came out really nice. I enjoyed the melodic content and the structure worked well for me.

I wasn't a huge fan of the clap sample used, but that is just personal taste and it is appropriate for retro.

Other than that, sounded great on my end!

thanks a lot for your comments!

btw the clap comes from a tiptop 909 module, not a sample but I get your point

I agree with JKillz - loved some of the melodic content.

Personally I felt that the drums were slightly too hard-edged and in my face for this particular piece...maybe a bit too far forward in the mix is what bothered me?

That may, of course, have been your intention...a bit of contrast? I can see why you might've gone for that approach.

thank you Mark, yeah the mix is heavy on drums, I just like the sound of these modules a lot, but I will come back for the final mix with level adjustments. When you compose and mix your stuff it is like you know it too much to have a fresh listen, i hear it more like 3 months later, after I worked on other stuff... but those drums will pretty much stay hard and in your face, (909 is not a subtle sound) I do lots of more ambient pieces and this is for me a shorter and heavier piece as far as this music project is going. BTW I am working on a new mix I ditched some synth part I wasn't sure about. (0:46sec)

...thanks for the comments both of you I worked on music theory in the last few months so I expanded my choice of notes by a little bit... finally :)

Return to “Music Cafe”