Mavall Productions // Soundcloud // Deep House, DnB, Liquid

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by aMake on Fri May 11, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logic Pro X, MacOS Catalina, iMac Pro 27", Focusrite Clarett 8Pre TB, ATH-M50x, DT-880 Pro, Genelec 8040a, Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII
http://www.mavall.se

I like Himno de Amilla (it's in my genre of tastes);
Technical feedback: With the kick and midbass synth you've used, I feel there's room to be a little more generous with the sub bass in the mix. To create a warm but clean and gentle bottom end a lush bed for everything else to float over. Modulate the mid drone synths for interest (they got stale quickly) and to add to the overall vibe of the track. Give the piano more depth and shimmer to accent it's ethereal quality. Could layer it with chimes, water droplets, etc.

FlyingNoodle wrote:I like Himno de Amilla (it's in my genre of tastes);
Technical feedback: With the kick and midbass synth you've used, I feel there's room to be a little more generous with the sub bass in the mix. To create a warm but clean and gentle bottom end a lush bed for everything else to float over. Modulate the mid drone synths for interest (they got stale quickly) and to add to the overall vibe of the track. Give the piano more depth and shimmer to accent it's ethereal quality. Could layer it with chimes, water droplets, etc.
Thanks. Awesome points, and I agree with all of them :) I tend to be overly careful with the sub bass since I really can't test it properly in my studio (a bit counter intuitive when producing dnb). Sometimes I hit and sometimes I miss. And at the time I thought the Reese was modulation enough, but now that you point it out I totally see it. Thanks for your feedback!

/Matt
Logic Pro X, MacOS Catalina, iMac Pro 27", Focusrite Clarett 8Pre TB, ATH-M50x, DT-880 Pro, Genelec 8040a, Komplete Kontrol S61 MkII
http://www.mavall.se

Yeah true, being cautious with sub is better than ruining a mix IMHO.
I'm not sure what you use in your sub mix bus (obviously) but have you considered or do you use parallel compression?

Return to “Music Cafe”