Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
vurt
addled muppet weed

35289 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:22 pm we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... 0vimto.mp3

not sure why, if im honest.
the name i mean.
jancivil
KVRAF

14239 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:59 pm Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

I don't know from vimto.
ChamMusic
KVRist

463 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:52 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

Played this through my old 1980s Mission speakers (150W per channel)...blew my head off!

Some interesting sonic ideas in there...I wanted a bit more structure to it all though?

PS
My neighbour said he liked it as well!:0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:46 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

jancivil wrote:I don't know from vimto.
well, its a fruit cordial made from berries, also an anagram of vomit. swimming in a sea of accidental vomit is a line from a coil track, so i know from where the idea of the name comes from, i just cant put my finger on the why...
dark water
KVRian

798 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

Cool name - got my attention.
Though I've always been more of a Ribena person from a very young age, so my views might be hostiley biased here.

Actually, the sounds of your tune gurgle and bluffle and wubble around like too much fizzy purple e-numbered liquid in my belly. So a perfect marriage of title and audio track in this case.
I feel like a few vocal snippets from a particularly LSD-soaked Red Dwarf episode might help here?
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:54 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

ChamMusic wrote:Played this through my old 1980s Mission speakers (150W per channel)...blew my head off!

Some interesting sonic ideas in there...I wanted a bit more structure to it all though?

PS
My neighbour said he liked it as well!:0)

nice! you should be careful though, its straight from the modular to your ears, i wouldn't want to be responsible for damage to such speakers or indeed your ears.

as for structure, were getting there :lol: well, were getting closer to a full enough system to pull off such things, then i just have to learn how to use it :hihi:
this piece only added a couple of lfos and a mixer, so im still stuck on one filter (waiting on stock for a couple of modules) with the two separate sequencers, and some multipliers/dividers and such like i can create patterns which will transpose or switch around, untile then though im just enjoying the building and the crazy sounds :D
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:58 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

dark water wrote:Cool name - got my attention.
Though I've always been more of a Ribena person from a very young age, so my views might be hostiley biased here.

tastewise i totally agree, however as a northerner vimto is ours!

Actually, the sounds of your tune gurgle and bluffle and wubble around like too much fizzy purple e-numbered liquid in my belly. So a perfect marriage of title and audio track in this case.
I feel like a few vocal snippets from a particularly LSD-soaked Red Dwarf episode might help here?

the one with the glove puppet? and the gingham dress? :hihi:
dark water
KVRian

798 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Sun May 06, 2018 2:07 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

vurt wrote:
dark water wrote:Cool name - got my attention.

tastewise i totally agree, however as a northerner vimto is ours!

the one with the glove puppet? and the gingham dress? :hihi:

:hihi:
'Quarantine' I think it was called - takes me back to that now (rather dated) early 90s period of anarchic sitcoms with shabby looking design sets, but a lot of imagination...

Anyway, cool tune :party:
htcnext2
KVRist

218 posts since 3 Jul, 2017, from Austria

Postby htcnext2; Mon May 07, 2018 7:03 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

Cool! Modular synthastic. I like..
Greetings
HM
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

experimental.crow
KVRAF

5259 posts since 9 Mar, 2003, from The Druid Hills

Postby experimental.crow; Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

an indicator of quark - gluon plasma ...
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat May 19, 2018 5:19 pm Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

great scot!
layzer
KVRAF

5250 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sat May 19, 2018 6:31 pm Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

anyone else besides me reading "swimming in a sea of accidental vomit" when they glance at the title? hahaa for me, every time... its crazy! :lol:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
Unaspected
KVRist

245 posts since 4 May, 2012

Postby Unaspected; Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

Sounds like some kind of vore/abduction fantasy. Being probed and consumed at the same time.

Nasty stuff. :)
Allomerus
KVRAF

1887 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Mon May 21, 2018 12:55 am Re: we're swimming in a sea of accidental vimto...

Took a risk and listened with my headphones... ;)
Glad I did though, some very interesting bleeps and bloops. I think Unaspected hit it on the head, or somewhere else...
The fun of modular indeed!
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
Next

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe