Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Esgalachoir
KVRian

855 posts since 25 May, 2008, from Colorado

Postby Esgalachoir; Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Hi KVR,
Kind of an EP playlist here that, imo, flows rather nicely in the presented order:

https://soundcloud.com/user-118314077-2 ... ets/myriad

The playlist includes the track "Navatus" which I posted here some months ago.

Enjoy! Feedback/criticism is always welcome.

- Corin and Jamin

(The pictures are pretty placeholders. I'm working on the artwork for the project myself.) - Corin
Allomerus
KVRAF

1887 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Thu May 10, 2018 2:10 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

The first track is lovely. Has a pleasant flow to it...
Also listened to the third one, which I enjoyed too!
Well done.
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
seismic1
KVRAF

8833 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

I remember Navatus from last year. I think you might have the levels up a little too high between 6:37 and 7:22 in "Current Emotions". The highs were breaking up a little here. My favourite track was "Cliffside Contemplation", with the heavy percussive sounds providing a great contrast for the ambient atmosphere.

Good work :)
Esgalachoir
KVRian

Postby Esgalachoir; Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Allomerus wrote:The first track is lovely. Has a pleasant flow to it...
Also listened to the third one, which I enjoyed too!
Well done.
:)

Thank you!

seismic1 wrote:I remember Navatus from last year. I think you might have the levels up a little too high between 6:37 and 7:22 in "Current Emotions". The highs were breaking up a little here. My favourite track was "Cliffside Contemplation", with the heavy percussive sounds providing a great contrast for the ambient atmosphere.

Good work :)

Seems like you're right about the levels in Current Emotions. Thanks for letting me know and glad you liked Cliffside Contemplation! :)

- Corin
Silke
Banned

Postby Silke; Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Esgalachoir
KVRian

Postby Esgalachoir; Wed May 16, 2018 11:40 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Okay, "Current Emotions" seems to be mostly fixed! Did some tweaks and the whole track seems to generate a lot less ear fatigue.

https://soundcloud.com/user-118314077-2 ... t-emotions

If anyone is curious, my brother composed/played everything up to where the drums come in. The repeated chord progression/melodic theme was his idea. I programmed the drums, wubs, and the 2nd compositional leadup/drop.
Esgalachoir
KVRian

Postby Esgalachoir; Wed May 16, 2018 4:00 pm Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Silke wrote:Image

I had to use a different computer to be able to see this image because of the way my DAW is set up, so I went to another device to see what it was.
Thanks very much! Will let my brother know.
htcnext2
KVRist

218 posts since 3 Jul, 2017, from Austria

Postby htcnext2; Thu May 17, 2018 9:04 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Prelude - overwhelmed by the sound. Is this an arp on a hang drum sample? The other tracks are cool, too. The noisy sounds I like most. Very well done!
Greetings
HM
Esgalachoir
KVRian

Postby Esgalachoir; Thu May 17, 2018 11:58 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

htcnext2 wrote:Prelude - overwhelmed by the sound. Is this an arp on a hang drum sample? The other tracks are cool, too. The noisy sounds I like most. Very well done!
Greetings
HM

Hello, and thanks! Pleased that you enjoyed the music we've made thus far. As for the hangdrum sound, that's all Zebra2 synthesis. It's pretty good at that kind of thing.

- Corin
seismic1
KVRAF

8833 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat May 19, 2018 1:27 pm Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Esgalachoir wrote:
Seems like you're right about the levels in Current Emotions.

- Corin

It sounds cleaner now :)
Unaspected
KVRist

245 posts since 4 May, 2012

Postby Unaspected; Sun May 20, 2018 7:55 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

I'm listening to Prelude. I love the tones you have in here. I think the lower mids could be tamed a little but the composition and sound palette is excellent.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe