Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
Esgalachoir
KVRian
 
858 posts since 25 May, 2008, from Colorado

Postby Esgalachoir; Mon May 07, 2018 3:02 pm Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Hi KVR,
Kind of an EP playlist here that, imo, flows rather nicely in the presented order:

https://soundcloud.com/user-118314077-2 ... ets/myriad

The playlist includes the track "Navatus" which I posted here some months ago.

Enjoy! Feedback/criticism is always welcome.

- Corin and Jamin

(The pictures are pretty placeholders. I'm working on the artwork for the project myself.) - Corin
User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
 
1937 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Thu May 10, 2018 2:10 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

The first track is lovely. Has a pleasant flow to it...
Also listened to the third one, which I enjoyed too!
Well done.
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
8928 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

I remember Navatus from last year. I think you might have the levels up a little too high between 6:37 and 7:22 in "Current Emotions". The highs were breaking up a little here. My favourite track was "Cliffside Contemplation", with the heavy percussive sounds providing a great contrast for the ambient atmosphere.

Good work :)
User avatar
Esgalachoir
KVRian
 
858 posts since 25 May, 2008, from Colorado

Postby Esgalachoir; Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Allomerus wrote:The first track is lovely. Has a pleasant flow to it...
Also listened to the third one, which I enjoyed too!
Well done.
:)


Thank you!

seismic1 wrote:I remember Navatus from last year. I think you might have the levels up a little too high between 6:37 and 7:22 in "Current Emotions". The highs were breaking up a little here. My favourite track was "Cliffside Contemplation", with the heavy percussive sounds providing a great contrast for the ambient atmosphere.

Good work :)


Seems like you're right about the levels in Current Emotions. Thanks for letting me know and glad you liked Cliffside Contemplation! :)

- Corin
User avatar
Esgalachoir
KVRian
 
858 posts since 25 May, 2008, from Colorado

Postby Esgalachoir; Wed May 16, 2018 11:40 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Okay, "Current Emotions" seems to be mostly fixed! Did some tweaks and the whole track seems to generate a lot less ear fatigue.

https://soundcloud.com/user-118314077-2 ... t-emotions

If anyone is curious, my brother composed/played everything up to where the drums come in. The repeated chord progression/melodic theme was his idea. I programmed the drums, wubs, and the 2nd compositional leadup/drop.
User avatar
htcnext2
KVRist
 
227 posts since 3 Jul, 2017, from Austria

Postby htcnext2; Thu May 17, 2018 9:04 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Prelude - overwhelmed by the sound. Is this an arp on a hang drum sample? The other tracks are cool, too. The noisy sounds I like most. Very well done!
Greetings
HM
User avatar
Esgalachoir
KVRian
 
858 posts since 25 May, 2008, from Colorado

Postby Esgalachoir; Thu May 17, 2018 11:58 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

htcnext2 wrote:Prelude - overwhelmed by the sound. Is this an arp on a hang drum sample? The other tracks are cool, too. The noisy sounds I like most. Very well done!
Greetings
HM


Hello, and thanks! Pleased that you enjoyed the music we've made thus far. As for the hangdrum sound, that's all Zebra2 synthesis. It's pretty good at that kind of thing.

- Corin
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
8928 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat May 19, 2018 1:27 pm Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

Esgalachoir wrote:
Seems like you're right about the levels in Current Emotions.

- Corin


It sounds cleaner now :)
User avatar
Unaspected
KVRist
 
412 posts since 4 May, 2012

Postby Unaspected; Sun May 20, 2018 7:55 am Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

I'm listening to Prelude. I love the tones you have in here. I think the lower mids could be tamed a little but the composition and sound palette is excellent.
User avatar
Esgalachoir
KVRian
 
858 posts since 25 May, 2008, from Colorado

Postby Esgalachoir; Tue May 22, 2018 7:58 pm Re: Myriad - A collaborative project between me and my brother.

seismic1 wrote:
It sounds cleaner now :)


Thanks again! Didn't take too much to fix. Just some tiny compression re-adjustments and knocking off a couple dbs in the problem zone.

Unaspected wrote:I'm listening to Prelude. I love the tones you have in here. I think the lower mids could be tamed a little but the composition and sound palette is excellent.


I'll have a look-see to the lower mids. Thanks, and glad you enjoyed it!

- Corin

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe