Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
yagoluna
KVRer

7 posts since 15 May, 2018

Postby yagoluna; Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 am Fresh Sneakers

Hi! Would love to get some feedback on this track.

https://soundcloud.com/yagoluna/yago-lu ... ix/s-tuJAb

It's a tech house track, with a silly breaks/drop. Rolling bass under the groovy beat. Created for a club environment, will be able to test this one out next weekend at a gig :)

I'm basically looking for opinions, I haven't had a release yet and I would love to know if the quality of my recent tracks are worthy (or getting there) of a release.

Thanks!!! :)
skipscada
KVRian

1418 posts since 22 Oct, 2004, from Schmocation

Postby skipscada; Wed May 16, 2018 5:38 am Re: Fresh Sneakers

Dope shit! Love the tongue in cheek attitude. Brilliantly captures the subtle elation that comes with fresh sneakers. Treading water the last 2 minutes or so, though. I totally respect that for a track destined for a club environment, but as an independent piece of music it would be great if it upped the intensity of the groove or introduced a new vocal/lead element. Sounds release-worthy to me, although in this day and age, what does that even mean?
wagtunes
KVRAF

12915 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 am Re: Fresh Sneakers

What can I say? Very well done. I can't see why this wouldn't be received well in a club environment. Even I got a chuckle out of this one and I'm far from a club hopper.
yagoluna
KVRer

Postby yagoluna; Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 am Re: Fresh Sneakers

skipscada wrote:Dope shit! Love the tongue in cheek attitude. Brilliantly captures the subtle elation that comes with fresh sneakers. Treading water the last 2 minutes or so, though. I totally respect that for a track destined for a club environment, but as an independent piece of music it would be great if it upped the intensity of the groove or introduced a new vocal/lead element.

Thanks so much! I totally agree the I got a bit lazy with the last two minutes and nothing interesting is happening there, I tend to let the last minute as simple as I can so that it can be easily mixed with the next track in a club.

skipscada wrote:Sounds release-worthy to me, although in this day and age, what does that even mean?

Hahaha! Yeah I guess there's a label for anything out there, I was more referring to the sound/mix/master quality.

Thanks so much for the feedback, peace!!
yagoluna
KVRer

Postby yagoluna; Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 am Re: Fresh Sneakers

wagtunes wrote:What can I say? Very well done. I can't see why this wouldn't be received well in a club environment. Even I got a chuckle out of this one and I'm far from a club hopper.

Thanks! I wanted to have that silly aspect to it, while keeping a groove and interesting elements going on.

Thanks again :)

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe