Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Silke
Banned

Postby Silke; Wed May 16, 2018 8:36 am Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
9853 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

If it would please you, maybe we could persuade nobody else to post for a few days. Then this place could be ALL about you :hyper: :hyper: :wheee: :wheee: :hyper: :hyper:
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
11330 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Well honey, you're gonna have the whole first page soon. I'm gonna guess you don't work a day job. lol

Anyway, to the music. I guess you'd call this stuff minimalist? It is on the odd side, that's for sure. This particular track sounds like it would be great for trying to hypnotize somebody.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
11330 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed May 16, 2018 8:46 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:If it would please you, maybe we could persuade nobody else to post for a few days. Then this place could be ALL about you :hyper: :hyper: :wheee: :wheee: :hyper: :hyper:


It sure would take people's attention away from me for a while. lol
JerGoertz
KVRAF
 
1940 posts since 19 Feb, 2004

Postby JerGoertz; Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:

Anyways, I like the song. Could use a little more development/variety. Has some good processing to give it the wobbly off-kilter/nostalgic vibe.
A well-behaved signature.
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
22186 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Wed May 16, 2018 9:16 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

:ud:
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sun May 20, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silke
Banned

Postby Silke; Wed May 16, 2018 11:56 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
10856 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:

Anyways, I like the song. Could use a little more development/variety. Has some good processing to give it the wobbly off-kilter/nostalgic vibe.


LOL!
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
9853 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:


Just to be clear, are you playing the role of apologist or white knight?

The Music Cafe is a space that is offered for people to share, comment etc. on each others' music. There are no rules about posting frequency, likely because most people know how to self-regulate that part of them that might want it ALL to be about them, by the time they get out of their mid-teens.

This member has only ever posted to show her music, and never even bothers to engage with those who have taken the time to listen and comment. And now spamming multiple tracks, again without any further engagement. No rule against it, I just think i'm among a few who find it obnoxious.

It took a long time before the marketplace had a 48-hour no-bump rule, because most people knew why they shouldn't bump their own shit every hour, on the hour. It's that self-regulation thing that keeps thing running smoothly. It seems most people in the Music Cafe have it. And the only other member here who seems so prolific, and excited to share, at least has the decency to not force it down everyone's throats :tu:
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
11330 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Watch out Silke F, some ~10,000 post posters think you post too much... :hihi:


Just to be clear, are you playing the role of apologist or white knight?

The Music Cafe is a space that is offered for people to share, comment etc. on each others' music. There are no rules about posting frequency, likely because most people know how to self-regulate that part of them that might want it ALL to be about them, by the time they get out of their mid-teens.

This member has only ever posted to show her music, and never even bothers to engage with those who have taken the time to listen and comment. And now spamming multiple tracks, again without any further engagement. No rule against it, I just think i'm among a few who find it obnoxious.

It took a long time before the marketplace had a 48-hour no-bump rule, because most people would know why they shouldn't bump their own shit every hour, on the hour. And the only other member here who seems so prolific, and excited to share, at least has the decency to not force it down everyone's throats :tu:


I know we've had our differences, and I take my share of the blame for that (I can be a real PITA) but I have to say that I myself am kind of torn about this whole thing.

On the one hand, as you say, there are no rules about posting frequency. And certainly people should be encouraged to share their work. It isn't anybody's fault if a particular member has lots of work to share. I feel they should be allowed to do so.

Having said that, yeah, it kind of bothers me as well that this person is posting all this music, is getting feedback for doing so, but for the most part shows complete disinterest in responding to that feedback and engaging with the forum. While there is no rule that they have to, it does make one feel like all they care about is posting their links and nothing more. And yes, that does give the appearance of spam.

None of this, of course, has anything to do with the "quality" of the music being posted as that's all subjective anyway. Anybody should be allowed to post whatever they want regardless of how "good" or "bad" it is.

I am beginning to feel badly for the other members who post here as Silke has basically taken over the forum. I try to at least be considerate of others by only posting one track a day and keeping it all in one thread. But I can't expect everybody to be as courteous.

Ultimately, however, it's really up to the members and the moderators to handle this as they see fit.

1. Members. If they feel this is spam, boycott the threads. Don't respond. Or better yet, report Silke to the moderators.

2. Moderators. Care enough to actually do something about it.

Unfortunately, and I find this all over every forum, the moderators don't really seem to care about much outside of if something illegal is being done. I see fights around here all the time that are never addressed. This particular issue here that we're talking about has yet to be addressed. I get the feeling that the moderators have adopted a laissez faire approach to this whole place. Maybe that's in part, or in whole, because there are just too many members, too much going on, and not enough moderators to handle it all. Also, you don't want to rule with an iron hand to the point where you drive members away. That's not good for the forum and I don't think the forum owners would appreciate it.

As a result, this is what we have, for better or for worse.

I have learned (finally) to live with all of it. For the most part, these days, I just try to keep out of everybody's way and stick to my only little corner of the world over here. I hardly post in Instruments anymore. I made a couple of posts today asking about VST 2 as it appears Steinberg is phasing it out. But that's been the extent of my involvement over there today.

It is what it is.

I've been enjoying listening to people's music over here. I wish Gearslutz was as active in their songwriting forum. But they're not. The place is like a ghost town. So I'm grateful for what I have here. But yeah, when one person dominates a whole page, I can see how that might annoy a few people.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. But I know that reporting her to the mods would be a total waste of my time.

Trust me. I'm speaking from experience.
perpetual3
KVRist
 
183 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Why don’t we all post our lofi electro unfinished song/loops set to psychedelic ‘70s TV commercials? I’ve got over a decade of those.

In fact - why not post them in response to Silke F?

Don’t let work or education get in the way, mans! /s
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
11330 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu May 17, 2018 9:59 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

perpetual3 wrote:Why don’t we all post our lofi electro unfinished song/loops set to psychedelic ‘70s TV commercials? I’ve got over a decade of those.

In fact - why not post them in response to Silke F?

Don’t let work or education get in the way, mans! /s


Sarcasm? Sorry, I'm sarcastically challenged.
perpetual3
KVRist
 
183 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

wagtunes wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:Why don’t we all post our lofi electro unfinished song/loops set to psychedelic ‘70s TV commercials? I’ve got over a decade of those.

In fact - why not post them in response to Silke F?

Don’t let work or education get in the way, mans! /s


Sarcasm? Sorry, I'm sarcastically challenged.


Yes, hence the /s. :wink:
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
10856 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Can we have less chat and more music from Silke F please?
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
4653 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 am Re: Audio Track 03 [Silke F]

Hink is monitoring the situation but is not taking action yet. If you are annoyed by Silke, you can report her posts as spam to make your voice heard. If enough people report these posts, it will become clear the community does not appreciate this kind of posting behavior.
Next

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe