GDPR Bun Fight. What's the best sweetener you've had?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A couple of free plugs going from Plugin Boutique

20% from Loopmasters

10% from a couple others.

For those who don't know it's the new privacy regulations that come into play on 25th May in UK. I guess Europe as well? Companies large and small are falling over themselves to get on board in time.

Ian
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: For those who don't know it's the new privacy regulations that come into play on 25th May in UK. I guess Europe as well?
Ian
It's an EU regulation so it affects all member countries, not just UK.
Last edited by tenshin111 on Fri May 18, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, what a shame. Now we have to click away yet more unread EULA's.

Personally I'm happy some of these spammy bastards will now fcuk off and die after, in some cases, repeated attempts to unsubscribe.

As for Plugin Boutique's "we regret to inform you" subject line, they really can shove their two free plugins (I already have dozens like everyone else here) up their arse. Isn't all their sh1t NFR anyway?

But hey, other people's reactions may well be less extreme than mine, I realise that :-)

I got a free demo from one.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

AFAIK it doesn't just affect European countries - it equally applies to data processed in the EU, hence Facebook making changes to their Irish data centre:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-face ... SKBN1HQ00P
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

ians wrote:A couple of free plugs going from Plugin Boutique

That normally sell for $1 :lol:

(Hybrid Air or something like that)

samsam wrote:Personally I'm happy some of these spammy bastards will now fcuk off and die after, in some cases, repeated attempts to unsubscribe.

I wonder if whyterabbit will finally be unsubscribed from wusik :hihi:

AnX wrote:I wonder if whyterabbit will finally be unsubscribed from wusik :hihi:
I think he'd have to relocate (or reterritorize) Brazil into Europe first. :D
Confucamus.

Rockatansky wrote:
AnX wrote:I wonder if whyterabbit will finally be unsubscribed from wusik :hihi:
I think he'd have to relocate (or reterritorize) Brazil into Europe first. :D

Ah yes, poor whyterabbit :lol:

AnX wrote:
samsam wrote:Personally I'm happy some of these spammy bastards will now fcuk off and die after, in some cases, repeated attempts to unsubscribe.

I wonder if whyterabbit will finally be unsubscribed from wusik :hihi:
Ha! I guess this is the end for Wuzik?

On that note will it actually make a difference to spam or will spammers continue to ignore any regulation?

btw I recently got a ton of spam from several betting companies so tried to send copies of it to their customer complaints email only to find it kept getting bounced back as spam by my own ISP so it seems some ISPs may actually be facilitating spam, they allow it to get to me but just not in the other direction.

As for Plugin Boutique's "we regret to inform you" subject line, they really can shove their two free plugins (I already have dozens like everyone else here) up their arse. Isn't all their sh1t NFR anyway?

But hey, other people's reactions may well be less extreme than mine, I realise that :-)
I'm right with you. Their site is torture to try and use, so I actually gave up. But who gives a f**k about those. Next email I get I'm marking spam.

mcnelson wrote:AFAIK it doesn't just affect European countries - it equally applies to data processed in the EU, hence Facebook making changes to their Irish data centre:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-face ... SKBN1HQ00P
More than that, as soon as you 'offer' something to EU users, be it commercial or for free, you have to follow the GDPR.

It's called "lex loci solutionis" (don't ask me for the english word).

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”