Error Loading Sylenth 1 Settings File

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I just purchased the latest version of Sylenth1 straight from the Lennar Digital website and i'm currently unable to get it working in Fl Studio 12. As far as i'm aware i'm correctly avoiding the mistakes that usually result in this error (such as installing the data folder in your program files) as i'm purposely putting the data into my documents folder as you can see from my attached file. I've also checked windows registry to make sure and it was successfully aligning the sylenth data to the directory path i had created for. It doesn't seem to matter where i install these files the same error message appears once i attempt to do the scan in Fl Studio after i've added the directory path my list of plugins.

Really unsure what is going wrong here... I have many 64bit plugins running smoothly on my FL without any faults so this is the first time I've been stumped and there isn't a lot of resource online to help me solve this.

Hope you can help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Please check that this file really exists on your drive in Windows Explorer.
Also make sure that the folder permissions are set to allow read and write for Everyone.

You can try starting FL Studio by right-clicking the icon and selecting "Run As Administrator" to ensure that the problem is or is not related to folder permissions.

Hey Lennard thanks for the quick response...

- The file really exists on my drive (see attachment)

- I checked the folder permissions and they are indeed set to be read and written by everyone.

- Just tried syncing the plugin after running FL in administrator mode as you suggested and got hit with the exact same error message unfortunately..

What next?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It says "This PC -> Documents" which does not necessarily link to "C:\Users\daz11_000\Documents". Please check that the username is correct and that this exact folder exists.

The exact folder that you mentioned does indeed exist (see attachment) and has all of the necessary files in their respective areas including the settings.xml file which seems to be causing the fault.

Is the Settings.xml file set as readonly maybe? Can you try opening it in Notepad, then save it?

Yo man,

Just gave that a try, nothing's changed (attached the notepad page just in case you want a quick look at it).

Dunno what it is about this settings file but i just can't get past it. The sylenth plugin is available in my FL Studio but when I load it that error pops up and i get hit with the same message...Never experienced anything like this before it's bizarre.

So were you able to save it in notepad?

Yeah man it saved onto notepad without any issues.

Could you maybe run TeamViewer QuickSupport and let me know your TeamViewer ID and password (via PM or email)?
https://www.teamviewer.com

Then I can check what's wrong.

The problem is fixed after moving the Sylenth1 data folder to any other folder than the Documents folder. For some inexplainable reason Windows blocked access when the data folder was in Documents, even with full permissions set to Everyone, things like UAC turned off and running the host with administrator privileges.

I sure it's a quirk in this specific Windows installation/user setup, as I haven't seen anything like this before (and haven't heard of anyone ever having similar problems). If there's anyone who does though, please let me know!

Return to “LennarDigital”