Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
LickBasil
KVRist

39 posts since 18 May, 2018

Postby LickBasil; Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm Basil - Scintillating (2018) (Future Bass)

wagtunes
KVRAF

12885 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 pm Re: Basil - Scintillating (2018) (Future Bass)

The synths need massive EQ'ing in the mid range. They are almost to the point of distortion, especially at the intro. Also can use some limiting on the output buss. Levels seem a bit all over the place.

Otherwise, musically, it's fine. Quirky, but fine.
LickBasil
KVRist

Postby LickBasil; Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:35 pm Re: Basil - Scintillating (2018) (Future Bass)

The output had a limiter, I know the mix is probably meh but once I get some proper monitors you'll definitely hear a difference. This song is pretty much experimenting with new production techniques and what not. Thanks!
ChamMusic
KVRian

787 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:28 pm Re: Basil - Scintillating (2018) (Future Bass)

There are some interesting musical ideas in here, but the mix made it very difficult to listen properly.

LickBasil wrote:I know the mix is probably meh

This needs sorting!

Use some benchmark tracks to help you get it right...compare and contrast them to the sound of your piece etc.
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
LickBasil
KVRist

Postby LickBasil; Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:41 am Re: Basil - Scintillating (2018) (Future Bass)

ChamMusic wrote:There are some interesting musical ideas in here, but the mix made it very difficult to listen properly.

LickBasil wrote:I know the mix is probably meh

This needs sorting!

Use some benchmark tracks to help you get it right...compare and contrast them to the sound of your piece etc.

Yea you're right. The next track I'll put some effort in the mix. It's just every sound system I listen to them in they sound fine. I can't hear a lack of mids or whatnot in the mix.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe