Audio DSP companies online presence rating 2018-06-11

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It includes companies that have Alexa rating in USA, UK, Germany, and that have both Facebook and Twitter accounts. The ranking method sorts companies for each factor, assigns rank that equals to sorted position, and sums all such factor ranks. All factors have equal significance.

Listed are companies that have Audio DSP plugin products in their portfolio. Instrument plugin or host application producers are not represented by this list (some listed companies do have instruments plugins, but also audio DSP plugins). If some company is not included it means it lacks data - Alexa rating for US, or GB, or DE, or Twitter/Facebook accounts.

I'm actually very surprised to see VB-Audio so high.

Robert Randolph wrote:I'm actually very surprised to see VB-Audio so high.
Yes, they moved from plugins to some other audio-related software, some kind of mixers. I'll remove them from rating probably as they are not developing plugins anymore it seems.

Dude, we have 90k followers on FB and yet we're not on that list? :D
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:Dude, we have 90k followers on FB and yet we're not on that list? :D
Sorry, there's a lot of companies that produce instruments not included. You know, my own interest is to monitor companies that take a part in audio DSP market. And well, Facebook and Twitter followers alone do not mean much. Alexa rating is more important, at least in my opinion - I have some evidence that Alexa rating closely correlates to daily visitor numbers. E.g. rating 50000 website has about twice the number of visitors than rating 100000 website.
Last edited by Aleksey Vaneev on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That list makes me wonder what promotes a website's popularity as A.O. is above Cytomic. Not that this means popularity always translates into sales, but Tunca must be doing something right about the website:)
~stratum~

stratum wrote:That list makes me wonder what promotes a website's popularity as A.O. is above Cytomic. Not that this means popularity always translates into sales, but Tunca must be doing something right about the website:)
Many things promote website popularity - brand mentions (in videos, in discussions), website links spread over the internet, SEO optimization for websearch. Facebook and Twitter do not promote popularity just by the number of followers, but if the posts there are efficient, that increases website visitor numbers. The same goes for mailing lists. But todays market is tough, I have no idea how to promote a new brand through the crowd of existing brands. Plain advertising is ultra-expensive. One can only count on viral social effects. The situation in Audio DSP is pretty close to music business as a whole - overcrowded and with a lot of free offers.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:The situation in Audio DSP is pretty close to music business as a whole - overcrowded and with a lot of free offers.
I guess this is bad, especially since I have to release my first paid plugin. :)
Hopefully, I will sell a couple of it.
Does anyone know what conversion rate can I expect? (website visits/sales) :D

Youlean wrote: I guess this is bad, especially since I have to release my first paid plugin. :)
My rate is low, but something to remember is that there is always a delay. If you release something and/or have a sale, I have found that there is a delay between actual purchases. I assume this is related to people testing things out before deciding. I don't know how you factor this in to all of the other site metrics.

random_id wrote:
Youlean wrote: I guess this is bad, especially since I have to release my first paid plugin. :)
My rate is low, but something to remember is that there is always a delay. If you release something and/or have a sale, I have found that there is a delay between actual purchases. I assume this is related to people testing things out before deciding. I don't know how you factor this in to all of the other site metrics.
From my statistics in average there is 100-day delay between the first ever visit and first purchase. With sales/deals it's very different, because sales motivate to buy sooner.

Obviously, this rating accounts only recent performance, and for lower-traffic sites the rating varies wildly over time.

I think it is not related to sales at all
Not even a bit.
A year ago we were higher on this list - Alexa rating did not change - our sales are twice this year.
Btw several companies are very strong on Instagram, ie slate. I think social networks are way more important than websites today, and several ones have a really big conversion ratio

+1 this list doesn't mean jack. Websites become more irrelevant but they're weighted 70% in this rating. Also there are devs missing because they don't rank in AlexaGB or don't have twitter? And why twitter & facebook, not instagram or youtube followers?

This is where you employ an expensive SEO, who job is to give a shit about this kind of thing.. apparently... I can hear them now, “well actually my job is very important to the company!! Actually!”

random_id wrote:
Thanks. I think that I read somewhere that u-he have 2% conversion rate and that this is really consistent. It is nice to know how others do so you can know if you are doing well... :)

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
random_id wrote:
From my statistics in average there is 100-day delay between the first ever visit and first purchase. With sales/deals it's very different, because sales motivate to buy sooner.

Obviously, this rating accounts only recent performance, and for lower-traffic sites the rating varies wildly over time.
Thanks, this is really awesome to know, I never thought about that. :tu:

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”