Replica XT worth to get?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I could get it for 25€ currently in the NI sale. Any long time experience with Replica XT? What's great about it? Is this just another delay or worth to get?

Yeah definitely worth the €25 I reckon - The 5 different algorithms/modes provide a wide range of good sounding results before you've even touched the parameters. £89 is too much as an RRP IMO but €25 I'd say is spot-on.

I really like it; for 25Eur it's a no-brainer. As for why, can't say much on technical details, but to me it sounds great and has a lot of good presets.
A well-behaved signature.

Oh yes one of the best creative fx

No-brainer. I'd get it for sure.

Reason it ISN'T just another delay for me: Sounds much better than other delays, really pristine, and crystal clear, if you want to, or dirty like filth, if you want that. It also has some great extras, like the diffusion mode, and onboard fx. It's my go-to delay pretty much since they gave away Replika, and does everything i'd probably ever need from a delay.

Were it half as good as it actually is, it'd still be worth the 25 squidlees :shrug:

Nicely said. ;)

Thanks guys :)

midi_transmission wrote:Thanks guys :)

Much fun can be had with the filter, especially in peak mode (Kick up the feedback and the resonance, some), with added tape and saturation action. Stick some protection on your stereo bus, and ride the cutoff. Not as crazy as Ohmboyz gets, but still can get pretty out there :hyper:

Can be huge on cpu but it is my favorite and mostly only used delay plug-in now.
There is no better sounding delay for me and it´s also a great creative FX as well.
I especially love the "dry+delay > mod" option for FX with zero latency on the dry signal.
I even would say it´s one of my all time favorite plug-in ever.
And i agree that it can sound really dirty but also so crystal clear.
Sounds which already sounds massive and have a full body will really shine even more trough this.
Lol, for me even the best thing N.I. ever made yet.

Love it

Love it, deep enough, yet simple to use.
dedication to flying

Cinebient wrote:There is no better sounding delay for me
I often think that...then I open up Echoboy :shrug:

midi_transmission wrote:Thanks guys :)
Perhaps you should demo it :shrug:

The ducking feature works great and real easy to setup and get the exact amount of ducking, which has a GR meter to let you know as well, a feature most delays that have ducking don't offer. Plus the easy to setup feedback path insert effects. Two pluses outside of the great sound and general ease of use. This is almost the Soundtoys Echoboy killer. Then there is Late Replies. Top 3 multipurpose delays, then for sheer emulation of vintage units, Audiority Echoes (Binson Echorec) and Audiothing's Space Echo emulation.

Return to “Effects”