Can't render sequenced or arped Repro-1

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I often have difficulties with rendering tracks with an arpeggiated/sequenced preset with Repro 1, version 6794.
Most times it sounds like the resonance is switched to full on the first note and it stays there.

Tried and tried several times since it's launch, but 9 out of 10 I can't render it as it sounds when playing it. If I switch preset and then back again. It sounds ok until I have it rendered, then it is screaming again, when all I want is some nice plucks.

Using Reaper ver 5.92, same with the previous three versions too.

I just rendered a sequenced RePro-1 track in Reaper 5.91 on Windows 10 x64 here and no issues. Is it possible an errant MIDI message is being sent to RePro-1 (maybe from a controller keyboard or other control surface) that's maxing out the resonance? That'd be the first place I'd look.

Also VST2 or VST3 version of RePro-1? For instruments, I'm just sticking to VST2 for now because MIDI Learn actually works, but I've started switching to VST3 for effects due to sidechaining in Cubase.

Other than that, maybe provide some exacting details as to how to reproduce your issue using a step by step approach. For isntance, here's exactly what I did:

1. Create a new project in Reaper 5.91
2. From docked FX Broswer, locate the RePro-1 VST2 dll and click and drag into empty arrange window to create new RePro-1 Track
3. Load preset that uses sequencer
4. Record a performance using that preset
5. Right click on the track in the Arrange View and select the "Render/Freeze Tracks -> Render tracks to stereo stem and mute originals" option

Result: track rendered as expected.

Hi, thanks for the response.

I use VST2 too.
I posted in frustration in the middle of the night after several attempts, so I will check again today. "Fresh" eyes.
May be I have recorded some midi message without realizing it atm.

Found out when it glitches.
It's when I use an edited midi, which has a starting point at 0:00.000 aka from the get go.
If there is an ever so slight delay from track beginning to note start, there's no glitch, but if starting point of note message and track corresponds it sounds like a glitched out 8-bit synth.

Reaper v5.92, Repro 1 v.6794 VST2
All 64-bit.

I usually don't use midi that way as I usually only use "live"-input for midi too, but this time I had pre-recorded midi chord progression that I edited in full bars and just copied and put it from the start to play around with the sequencer.

hmmm

Edit: It also happens if I copy that sequence to a fresh project or make a similar edited midi with note start and track start, sharing the same point in referenced time (and that sentence reminds me that I should sleep more)

Return to “u-he”