U-HE's Zebralette EVOL-X 200 | Set Extension 2020 Released |

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Preview December 2019.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IND9gXo ... e=youtu.be

New white faceplate style includes the new 'Storm Trooper' set.

Zebralette EVOL-X

This new extended set brings an additional 45 GUI's, extending the set to over 200 GUI's, with extended versatility and variations over the existing designs.

● Modern dark carbon fibre style gui's.

● Edge shadow dropped reflective and metal gui's.

● Futuristic Star Wars 'Storm Trooper' white gui's.

● Flat style grey matte gui's.

● More multi coloured and modern panel designed gui's.

● New dark main display with vertical separation lines.

● Alternate name design.

● Multi coloured scripts all set up and ready to drop and change with new script.

● 3D Line main display retained.

● Bottom hiding panel retained.

● Re-scripted dark and grey browser style to fit with new gui designs.

● Improved script to address minor issues with the main display edges. Top & Bottom now look identical rather than faded. ( A long time issue I could never figure out, now fixed in script)

● Minor alignment issues addressed with labels.

● Retains the simple, easy to use and full accessibility of the original U-HE design, but with a refined and re-alignment of displays, knobs and controls.

Updated Readme File / Cover Image added.

Free Download From Link Here.
Zebralette Epic GUI 200+ GUI Set 2019

___

/\ New Set Update - In The Works: Oct 2019
___
___

Here's the promo video for this GUI set as discussed in the thread including an extra surprise to look out for... that may be available in the future..or be that of something even cooler...

Download:
Zebralette GUI Skin Set

+ A retro promo film, with retro soundtrack scores ..to go along with it :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nccHiXRptM&t=310s

---
1st..post from June 2018....

In the past few weeks, my evenings have been occupied with a few things but one of them is this... It's been a while since I last modded one of U-HE's synths, but in case you don't otherwise know... it can be quite a long and tedious process with figuring out what GUI element references what piece of script, breaking it all down, understanding what value references what etc and by how much... and that's before even thinking about the design.

I see designs posted by others, often they are just photo-shopped interfaces with different colours or design elements created whilst others I see go to extremes in the other direction with a pure focus on functionality but lack a pleasing design to match it.

For me though.. I take a straight down the road approach and to try and figure out what I see wrong with a design and if it's worth spending time trying to do something about it, and that's before even going near any code or photoshop.

I've used Zebralette for many years in my music but always felt it was just too over the top, not very well thought out, pretty tacky in choice of colours... but thankfully U-HE allows you to do something about that...but it does involve time. More recently I finally finalised the re-skinning of U-HE's Hive I started last year and worked out how to fix some graphical issues.

As for the image above... I'd just want to point out that the lower panel elements are cascaded.
I'll be including some different colour templates in the set.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:05 am, edited 37 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Excellent! Thanks!
I still love it. This will be a nice change.
ImageImageImageImage

Sweet! I will buy this for shure :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

PURPLE! :clap:

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with Hive for sure! Give us a link to find it. :hyper:

Too much empty space IMHO.

Empty space is always a valuable commodity, I would like
gui's with unused space to be refactored into crucial text labels
being larger, for easier reading, with a large gui scaled to
80%, for example. That giant slab of wood-grained formica
featured in...oh wait, there's a coupon deal now...shhh :wink:

It seems some gui designs expect 20 year-olds with perfect vision.
They won't have that vision for long, unless they choose
scalable gui's, and monitor sizes that will minimize eyestrain
Some nice plugins still have a tiny set of preset selector widgets,
I made a box for my mouse, that holds it elevated
so it can't be nudged off the little arcade target,
when auditioning a large number of sounds.

I look forward to trying your new Zebralette design.
I like the standard 2.8 version at 140%, very readable.
But I prefer your varied colors, based on the early mockup.
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers

I’m just here for the purple.

You not doing this for Zebra? I want that black and purple for my bass synths.

EvilDragon wrote:Too much empty space IMHO.
Agreed.
I'm still interested in this mod though, excess negative space or not.

Halonmusic wrote:Sweet! I will buy this for shure :)
It says "will be available for free" in the original post graphic. :tu:

Usually I feel like these kinds of things are a silly waste of time, but this looks very nice and is a big improvement over the original. Nice work!

Russell Grand wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Sweet! I will buy this for shure :)
It says "will be available for free" in the original post graphic. :tu:
Me and my old eyes :hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Well it's been over a day since my last post, but just to pick on some points and give an update to what I've been up to in that period with this project...

First off, I've not touched the scripting code and moved anything about, which means that I'm pretty happy with how it is in addition to the restraints I've had to work around to make it look and feel comfortable and organised to use. Without enlarging the actual dimensions of the instrument itself, I wanted the GUI to be more open, maximizing the use of usable space I could use and using what is known as white space to effectively separate elements... Unlike in a program Reaktor, you can't just pick up an object and move it around by hand, and with graphics, it's not quite as easy as adding more graphic elements like separation lines in certain places and thinking that will work in practice as things can show through where you don't want them. GUI glitches can occur whilst selecting menu items that affect any additional labels you've add to the script...This is just a small insight into the design of things, and what I'm continually aware of and discovering over the years.

Speaking of designs, I've currently created and assembled another 40 or so .png template overlay styles that one can select from both in colour and gray scale which should be interesting theme wise.
___

"You not doing this for Zebra? I want that black and purple for my bass synths."

I don't have the paid version of Zebra.. which is Zebra2...which is I'm aware of also available to edit, but as it's not something that I'm able to use, there isn't really any practical benefit to me modifying and creating a new GUI for really. I also have ZebraCM, which I don't use generally. Creating a new GUI design for that is a real possibility in the future, but not right now I don't think.. Bazille, the computer music version I did update but only to remove the CM logo.. and the other free UHE instruments I've not done anything with as of yet.

The latest version of the redesign HIVE, the keyboard section is different from the one in the video I created last year as shown... here.

For the video of the Hive redesign I created.. you can check that out here. :)
There is also a blue sea themed version also but it's not shown.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

No purple. :(

Plugin name is misspelled.

Too many L, not enough T.

Return to “Instruments”