Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Delta Sign
KVRist

301 posts since 22 Jun, 2018
I made this some time ago and thought I might as well post it.

https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/what-remains-of-us

ACE doesn't seem to get much love around here, but I love it! It allows for a lot of experimentation, while still being limited enough to be inspiring, in my opinion.

I only used one instance with some very minor "mixing" and a little bit of Ubermod for the fade out at the very end.

It's not exactly happy fun time EDM, but maybe someone likes it nonetheless :hihi:
wagtunes
KVRAF

12920 posts since 8 Oct, 2014
I think ACE is a very underrated synth. I don't use it as much as I should. But that's because I have way too many synths.

Interesting sounds there. Valhalla Ubermod? I love their stuff too.

Thanks for sharing.
systmu
KVRist

293 posts since 6 Feb, 2015
I can't believe that is just ace. It' sounds amazing. I gotta get it. Track sounds great!
experimental.crow
KVRAF

5473 posts since 9 Mar, 2003, from The Druid Hills
i like the concept ; the self-imposed restriction ...
if anything , i would urge you towards more sparseness ; a longer delay in the
frequency of repetition ...
i enjoyed the listen , though some of the harsh elements , near the end
were a bit much for my ears ...

good work ...
Delta Sign
KVRist

Thanks everyone! I'm glad some people can enjoy this kind of stuff :)

wagtunes wrote:I think ACE is a very underrated synth. I don't use it as much as I should. But that's because I have way too many synths.

Interesting sounds there. Valhalla Ubermod? I love their stuff too.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, ACE and Ubermod are fantastic! They work very well together as well.
I only used Ubermod for the last 20 seconds or so here, but it's usually all over the place in my music :hihi:
systmu wrote:I can't believe that is just ace. It' sounds amazing. I gotta get it. Track sounds great!

Get it! It's definitely worth it, especially for the price!
experimental.crow wrote:i like the concept ; the self-imposed restriction ...
if anything , i would urge you towards more sparseness ; a longer delay in the
frequency of repetition ...
i enjoyed the listen , though some of the harsh elements , near the end
were a bit much for my ears ...

good work ...

Self-imposed restriction is the best source of inspiration, especially in an age where the options are basically limitless.
My original take was a lot longer and freaked out even more towards the end, by the way :hihi:
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22889 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny
Enjoyable listen. :)
Delta Sign
KVRist

seismic1
KVRAF

8982 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK
Very enjoyable. Like a 21st-century reinterpretation of the instrumental section of KC's Moonchild. I liked the Ace patch.

Good work :)
Eauson
KVRian

835 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf
Interesting

Good 1 :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
biodiode
KVRist

366 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK
ACE sits on my hard drive and I have not used it in quite some time. This track makes me want to dig it out again for a spin. Interesting composition and sounds - nice one.
voidhead23
KVRist

61 posts since 5 Jan, 2018, from Beijing, PRC
Can't give anything too helpful, other than i really like this. i do enjoy its simplicity, but i kept yearning for some sub underneath it to mimic the chordal movements in the main part.
mevla
KVRAF

1576 posts since 3 Nov, 2015
Nice track as I commented elsewhere. Would just like to add about ACE: check out the totally free Kyhon soundsets. There are quite a few inspiring sounds in there.

http://www.kyhon.com/

Mouse over, the soundsets are on the left in the ACE page.

Cheers.
Delta Sign
KVRist

Thanks everyone! :)

seismic1 wrote:Very enjoyable. Like a 21st-century reinterpretation of the instrumental section of KC's Moonchild. I liked the Ace patch.

Good work :)

Ha! In the Court of the Crimson King is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I'll take that as a compliment :)
voidhead23 wrote:i kept yearning for some sub underneath it to mimic the chordal movements in the main part.

Yeah, it was tempting to add something to this, but I really tried to use only one sound while still keeping it interesting.
mevla wrote:Nice track as I commented elsewhere. Would just like to add about ACE: check out the totally free Kyhon soundsets. There are quite a few inspiring sounds in there.

I'm usually no preset guy, as crafting the sounds is like 97.8% of the fun for me, but I remember downloading those presets a while ago and they are really quite special.

Thanks again, everyone!

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe