Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
Delta Sign
KVRist
 
301 posts since 22 Jun, 2018
I made this some time ago and thought I might as well post it.

https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/what-remains-of-us

ACE doesn't seem to get much love around here, but I love it! It allows for a lot of experimentation, while still being limited enough to be inspiring, in my opinion.

I only used one instance with some very minor "mixing" and a little bit of Ubermod for the fade out at the very end.

It's not exactly happy fun time EDM, but maybe someone likes it nonetheless :hihi:
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12920 posts since 8 Oct, 2014
I think ACE is a very underrated synth. I don't use it as much as I should. But that's because I have way too many synths.

Interesting sounds there. Valhalla Ubermod? I love their stuff too.

Thanks for sharing.
systmu
KVRist
 
293 posts since 6 Feb, 2015
I can't believe that is just ace. It' sounds amazing. I gotta get it. Track sounds great!
experimental.crow
KVRAF
 
5473 posts since 9 Mar, 2003, from The Druid Hills
i like the concept ; the self-imposed restriction ...
if anything , i would urge you towards more sparseness ; a longer delay in the
frequency of repetition ...
i enjoyed the listen , though some of the harsh elements , near the end
were a bit much for my ears ...

good work ...
Image
User avatar
Delta Sign
KVRist
 
301 posts since 22 Jun, 2018
Thanks everyone! I'm glad some people can enjoy this kind of stuff :)

wagtunes wrote:I think ACE is a very underrated synth. I don't use it as much as I should. But that's because I have way too many synths.

Interesting sounds there. Valhalla Ubermod? I love their stuff too.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, ACE and Ubermod are fantastic! They work very well together as well.
I only used Ubermod for the last 20 seconds or so here, but it's usually all over the place in my music :hihi:
systmu wrote:I can't believe that is just ace. It' sounds amazing. I gotta get it. Track sounds great!

Get it! It's definitely worth it, especially for the price!
experimental.crow wrote:i like the concept ; the self-imposed restriction ...
if anything , i would urge you towards more sparseness ; a longer delay in the
frequency of repetition ...
i enjoyed the listen , though some of the harsh elements , near the end
were a bit much for my ears ...

good work ...

Self-imposed restriction is the best source of inspiration, especially in an age where the options are basically limitless.
My original take was a lot longer and freaked out even more towards the end, by the way :hihi:
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
22889 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny
Enjoyable listen. :)
User avatar
Delta Sign
KVRist
 
301 posts since 22 Jun, 2018
Thanks :)
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
8982 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK
Very enjoyable. Like a 21st-century reinterpretation of the instrumental section of KC's Moonchild. I liked the Ace patch.

Good work :)
Eauson
KVRian
 
835 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf
Interesting

Good 1 :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
User avatar
biodiode
KVRist
 
366 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK
ACE sits on my hard drive and I have not used it in quite some time. This track makes me want to dig it out again for a spin. Interesting composition and sounds - nice one.
User avatar
voidhead23
KVRist
 
61 posts since 5 Jan, 2018, from Beijing, PRC
Can't give anything too helpful, other than i really like this. i do enjoy its simplicity, but i kept yearning for some sub underneath it to mimic the chordal movements in the main part.
mevla
KVRAF
 
1576 posts since 3 Nov, 2015
Nice track as I commented elsewhere. Would just like to add about ACE: check out the totally free Kyhon soundsets. There are quite a few inspiring sounds in there.

http://www.kyhon.com/

Mouse over, the soundsets are on the left in the ACE page.

Cheers.
User avatar
Delta Sign
KVRist
 
301 posts since 22 Jun, 2018
Thanks everyone! :)

seismic1 wrote:Very enjoyable. Like a 21st-century reinterpretation of the instrumental section of KC's Moonchild. I liked the Ace patch.

Good work :)

Ha! In the Court of the Crimson King is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I'll take that as a compliment :)
voidhead23 wrote:i kept yearning for some sub underneath it to mimic the chordal movements in the main part.

Yeah, it was tempting to add something to this, but I really tried to use only one sound while still keeping it interesting.
mevla wrote:Nice track as I commented elsewhere. Would just like to add about ACE: check out the totally free Kyhon soundsets. There are quite a few inspiring sounds in there.

I'm usually no preset guy, as crafting the sounds is like 97.8% of the fun for me, but I remember downloading those presets a while ago and they are really quite special.

Thanks again, everyone!

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe