What Remains of Us - A small track using only one instance of U-He ACE

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made this some time ago and thought I might as well post it.

https://soundcloud.com/deltasign/what-remains-of-us

ACE doesn't seem to get much love around here, but I love it! It allows for a lot of experimentation, while still being limited enough to be inspiring, in my opinion.

I only used one instance with some very minor "mixing" and a little bit of Ubermod for the fade out at the very end.

It's not exactly happy fun time EDM, but maybe someone likes it nonetheless :hihi:

I think ACE is a very underrated synth. I don't use it as much as I should. But that's because I have way too many synths.

Interesting sounds there. Valhalla Ubermod? I love their stuff too.

Thanks for sharing.

I can't believe that is just ace. It' sounds amazing. I gotta get it. Track sounds great!

i like the concept ; the self-imposed restriction ...
if anything , i would urge you towards more sparseness ; a longer delay in the
frequency of repetition ...
i enjoyed the listen , though some of the harsh elements , near the end
were a bit much for my ears ...

good work ...

Thanks everyone! I'm glad some people can enjoy this kind of stuff :)
wagtunes wrote:I think ACE is a very underrated synth. I don't use it as much as I should. But that's because I have way too many synths.

Interesting sounds there. Valhalla Ubermod? I love their stuff too.

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah, ACE and Ubermod are fantastic! They work very well together as well.
I only used Ubermod for the last 20 seconds or so here, but it's usually all over the place in my music :hihi:
systmu wrote:I can't believe that is just ace. It' sounds amazing. I gotta get it. Track sounds great!
Get it! It's definitely worth it, especially for the price!
experimental.crow wrote:i like the concept ; the self-imposed restriction ...
if anything , i would urge you towards more sparseness ; a longer delay in the
frequency of repetition ...
i enjoyed the listen , though some of the harsh elements , near the end
were a bit much for my ears ...

good work ...
Self-imposed restriction is the best source of inspiration, especially in an age where the options are basically limitless.
My original take was a lot longer and freaked out even more towards the end, by the way :hihi:

Enjoyable listen. :)

Very enjoyable. Like a 21st-century reinterpretation of the instrumental section of KC's Moonchild. I liked the Ace patch.

Good work :)

Interesting

Good 1 :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

ACE sits on my hard drive and I have not used it in quite some time. This track makes me want to dig it out again for a spin. Interesting composition and sounds - nice one.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Can't give anything too helpful, other than i really like this. i do enjoy its simplicity, but i kept yearning for some sub underneath it to mimic the chordal movements in the main part.

Nice track as I commented elsewhere. Would just like to add about ACE: check out the totally free Kyhon soundsets. There are quite a few inspiring sounds in there.

http://www.kyhon.com/

Mouse over, the soundsets are on the left in the ACE page.

Cheers.

Thanks everyone! :)
seismic1 wrote:Very enjoyable. Like a 21st-century reinterpretation of the instrumental section of KC's Moonchild. I liked the Ace patch.

Good work :)
Ha! In the Court of the Crimson King is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I'll take that as a compliment :)
voidhead23 wrote:i kept yearning for some sub underneath it to mimic the chordal movements in the main part.
Yeah, it was tempting to add something to this, but I really tried to use only one sound while still keeping it interesting.
mevla wrote:Nice track as I commented elsewhere. Would just like to add about ACE: check out the totally free Kyhon soundsets. There are quite a few inspiring sounds in there.
I'm usually no preset guy, as crafting the sounds is like 97.8% of the fun for me, but I remember downloading those presets a while ago and they are really quite special.

Thanks again, everyone!

Return to “Music Cafe”