Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
vurt
addled muppet weed

35603 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 am attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

wagtunes
KVRAF

12342 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:31 am Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

Vurt, I've designed a rating system specifically for your tracks.

Sounds - 9
Weirdness Factor - 10
Execution - 8
Mix - 7

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Some of these were nothing short of comical. I could picture them as a backdrop for a children's cartoon as sound FX. I'm not even sure how to get some of these sounds out of the synths I own. Mix is kind of one dimensional. Almost as if it's in mono, which I guess is quite possible if your modular setup is in mono.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22480 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

:tu:
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:07 pm Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

wagtunes wrote:vurt, I've designed a rating system specifically for your tracks.

Sounds - 9
Weirdness Factor - 10
Execution - 8
Mix - 7

Overall - 8.5

8) my own system!
scores where pretty good too :)

although...
see below.

Comments: Some of these were nothing short of comical. I could picture them as a backdrop for a children's cartoon as sound FX. I'm not even sure how to get some of these sounds out of the synths I own. Mix is kind of one dimensional. Almost as if it's in mono, which I guess is quite possible if your modular setup is in mono.

the mix is mono here, although i do at the moment have the ability to do three separate mono outs, the ottobit pedal could also be used in stereo, but this is just a noodle, an evening mess around.
because, we all need some attention!
or so we are told...

but, the ottobit does a lot of the work here, all the glitches and stutters, it has a bit crusher, filter and sample rate reduction too, which all add to that circuit bent sound :)
the modular was a single oscillator, jumping between two octaves and in between, with fast envelopes in to the vca to create percussive type sounds, then occasionally altering the parameters of the envelope a little. nothing fancy.

thanks 8)
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:08 pm Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

thecontrolcentre wrote::tu:

8)
Delta Sign
KVRist

138 posts since 22 Jun, 2018

Postby Delta Sign; Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:17 pm Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

Sounds like a calibration or some sort of data transfer between two horribly broken R2 units :hihi:

There are some awesome sounds in there! It almost sounds like a circuit bend Speak & Spell at some points, which is pretty cool. How does the Ottobit work, exactly? Does it actually resample the signal? It sounds like it does and it sounds amazing. It doesn't sound like it's just throwing plain old sample rate reduction on there.

Great stuff :tu:
Eauson
KVRian

627 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:28 pm Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

I did forwarn thee :)

Meh, guess it's a something :D

My suburban lifestyle t'interrnet connection is playing up, again!!
I guess its the MAN, trying to silence me ;)
^ shouda said PERSONS, ( being Modurn and such)butt I like, I like big butter churns decorative mainly.
I've had to download the feck, this is going to bite into me Netflicks n chicks party I'm having it large and obliviously I needz all me data, so I can get Bridget Jones 2 in 4k on me Masseve TV with me quadraphonic sistem ;)
That feckin stopped, 94%
Aghh :evil:
Okay, open Aimp
Buffeting
Mutha future, their communing with you aussi!?
Your messages seem to be more urgent than the ones i receive ( ib4e except afta C)
And moore aggresif, controlled of course, possibly the equipment used eh?
Translating their speech , I seem to pick a kind of twang, possibly a superior getting hi on his communicating ;)
Scores on the doors
Signalling Clarity - its definitely there, just needin traduction
Overall, very interesting, worth the entrance to your pop up location on this sticky day ;) :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
experimental.crow
KVRAF

5386 posts since 9 Mar, 2003, from The Druid Hills

Postby experimental.crow; Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:42 pm Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

yes ...
backing down the resonance , at the end , was sublime ...
stanlea
KVRAF

4802 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:54 am Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

There must be something wrong, I only hear random noises.
You can't always get what you waaaant...
Eauson
KVRian

627 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:48 pm Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

stanlea wrote:There must be something wrong, I only hear random noises.

That's okay, there, there :)
Maybe u r 2 tents, relaxation is needed.
You can ___ in the blanks and possibly s l o w d o w n a bit, you seem somewhat rushed :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:11 am Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

Delta Sign wrote:Sounds like a calibration or some sort of data transfer between two horribly broken R2 units :hihi:

ill always take a star wars reference as a cool comment 8)

There are some awesome sounds in there! It almost sounds like a circuit bend Speak & Spell at some points, which is pretty cool. How does the Ottobit work, exactly? Does it actually resample the signal? It sounds like it does and it sounds amazing. It doesn't sound like it's just throwing plain old sample rate reduction on there.

Great stuff :tu:

tbh im not sure how it does it? some dsp magic :hihi:
but it must resample for the stuttering, surely? but i think the bit crushing and sample reduction is live so to speak?
the filter i know for sure is in the analogue path, other than that though, im clueless
its the meris ottobit jr (the guitar pedal version) if that helps :)

thanks for listening 8)
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:13 am Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

Eauson wrote:I did forwarn thee :)

Meh, guess it's a something :D

My suburban lifestyle t'interrnet connection is playing up, again!!
I guess its the MAN, trying to silence me ;)
^ shouda said PERSONS, ( being Modurn and such)butt I like, I like big butter churns decorative mainly.
I've had to download the feck, this is going to bite into me Netflicks n chicks party I'm having it large and obliviously I needz all me data, so I can get Bridget Jones 2 in 4k on me Masseve TV with me quadraphonic sistem ;)
That feckin stopped, 94%
Aghh :evil:
Okay, open Aimp
Buffeting
Mutha future, their communing with you aussi!?
Your messages seem to be more urgent than the ones i receive ( ib4e except afta C)
And moore aggresif, controlled of course, possibly the equipment used eh?
Translating their speech , I seem to pick a kind of twang, possibly a superior getting hi on his communicating ;)
Scores on the doors
Signalling Clarity - its definitely there, just needin traduction
Overall, very interesting, worth the entrance to your pop up location on this sticky day ;) :tu:

glad you got there in the end :)
thanks for listening.
glad you enjoyed, or at least i think you did from what you said :lol:
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:16 am Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

experimental.crow wrote:yes ...
backing down the resonance , at the end , was sublime ...

have to admit, i did enjoy that bit 8)
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:17 am Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

that's what "they" want you to hear.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:19 am Re: attention!!!! (shortish glitchy/circuit bent thing)

Eauson wrote:

That's okay, there, there :)
Maybe u r 2 tents, relaxation is needed.
You can ___ in the blanks and possibly s l o w d o w n a bit, you seem somewhat rushed :)

as your clinician and lawyer, i suggest both mescaline and ether to help clear your day :ud:
Next

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe