Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Eauson
KVRian

635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:32 pm A bitta fromage (: electronic. ) Synth 1 Ichiro Toda

Bit of a dub style 1/2 speed DnB thingy.
https://soundcloud.com/eauson/fromage12 ... no-i-would

Feedback as always welcomed :)
Last edited by Eauson on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
wagtunes
KVRAF

12376 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:37 am Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.625

Comments: Intro maybe a tad long. Piece takes a while to get going. Love the sounds in this thing. Would love to know what synths you used. Nice mysterious track here.
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 am Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.625

Comments: Intro maybe a tad long. Piece takes a while to get going. Love the sounds in this thing. Would love to know what synths you used. Nice mysterious track here.

Mysterious my side as well, I'm hoping this isn't one of my lost creations :(
backup, backup,backup
Have to keep reminding myself that, the pain the loss caused, 10 yrs of stuff, wiped out, fraction back, hopefully more investigation and I'll get that info to u :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
seismic1
KVRAF

8893 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:53 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

Diggin' the dark vibes. This could have potential as a movie OST piece.

Good work :)
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22495 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:07 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

I'm liking this one. Best thing you've posted so far :)
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:51 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

seismic1 wrote:Diggin' the dark vibes. This could have potential as a movie OST piece.

Good work :)

Many thanks, yes, dark stuff is particular fav of mine, minimal strings and beats, hope fully i will locate this one and get to work more on it :)
thecontrolcentre wrote:I'm liking this one. Best thing you've posted so far :)
[/quote]
thanks, could be a lost track as my HD passed away :(
Still searching though and have others of a similar ilk which I am hoping to post, have you listened to others of SC? as not all posted here :)
Frantz
KVRAF

4744 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:09 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

This is super cool. 8)

I thought the whole track was a bit quiet. Hopefully the files are not lost.

Did one of those percussion samples come from a Roland CR-78?
Moe Shinola
KVRian

1475 posts since 11 Nov, 2004, from Kansas City, MO

Postby Moe Shinola; Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:17 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

That's super-atmospheric.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:04 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

Frantz wrote:This is super cool. 8)

I thought the whole track was a bit quiet. Hopefully the files are not lost.

Did one of those percussion samples come from a Roland CR-78?

I hope I can locate it, I may have renamed it on a HD and then changed it, its just I have a lot of tracks, about 10+yrs worth, some lost :( but I dont want to flood the café.
I've always had a amp and graphic equaliser set up, as I have a listen to a lot of vinyl/cassettes, so I tend to be someone who fiddles with knobs :oops: so I just adjust the music to my tastes, I am not really up with modern mastering, although I do have adobe which offers some assistance :)
I haven't used samples since my Fruity/Reason days, so this could be a synth, hand rolled sounds or Drumatic or IL Drumaxx which can create some really cool concoctions :)

Moe Shinola wrote:That's super-atmospheric.

Many thanks, yes, I like this type of track :D

Thanks for listening and commenting, its nice to know that some people appreciate the stuff I make :) :tu: :party:
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:10 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. )

Okay, so an update, its Synth 1.
So mystery over, still can't find the original file though :(
biodiode
KVRist

426 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:47 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. ) Synth 1 Ichiro Toda

I learnt the lesson of backing up a very long time ago when I lost a couple of tracks that I wanted to go back to. Now I back up to my NAS and external hard drive, important projects go into the cloud.

I enjoyed this track once it got going, that intro was a touch too long. I do like the minimal instrumentation, goes to show you don't need a lot to make an atmospheric track. Nice one.
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 pm Re: A bitta fromage (: electronic. ) Synth 1 Ichiro Toda

biodiode wrote:I learnt the lesson of backing up a very long time ago when I lost a couple of tracks that I wanted to go back to. Now I back up to my NAS and external hard drive, important projects go into the cloud.

I enjoyed this track once it got going, that intro was a touch too long. I do like the minimal instrumentation, goes to show you don't need a lot to make an atmospheric track. Nice one.

Many thanks, yes, Before I had always backed up, just got complacent :(
Thanks for listening and commenting :D

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe