Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
LickBasil
KVRist

39 posts since 18 May, 2018

Postby LickBasil; Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:26 am Basil - Crisp (2018) (Progressive House)

wagtunes
KVRAF

12920 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:30 am Re: Basil - Crisp (2018) (Progressive House)

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Intro really thumps. Once this thing gets going, wow. That's some wild stuff you got going in there. Would love a little more top line but I get this is probably a genre thing. Otherwise, absolutely fine.
LickBasil
KVRist

Postby LickBasil; Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:44 pm Re: Basil - Crisp (2018) (Progressive House)

Yea I was going for a minimal approach for the drop. Thanks for your time!
Eauson
KVRian

835 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:27 pm Re: Basil - Crisp (2018) (Progressive House)

Opening
Like the way the hat pans from L-R , kik solid, the formant type sound seems off key somehow? + a touch miss timed? The break up seems well controlled, introduction of acidy style organ is nice, its just the formanty voice style backwards type thingy which hasn't really sat well in my head, Would like sum samba live drummage style breakage in there, yes its minimal, but I still wanna shake my butt. Its ended, oh,ok.
It just seems a bit, this is gonna sound rude, its a tad weak. :oops:
I dont listen to hate, I like to hear what people create, so apology if you think I'm a touch insensitive.
Its more of a :) than a :(
I just believe it could be more.
Oh dear, this is only my point of view.
See what others say.
Thanks for uploading and allowing us a listen....
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
LickBasil
KVRist

Postby LickBasil; Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:51 pm Re: Basil - Crisp (2018) (Progressive House)

Eauson wrote:Opening
Like the way the hat pans from L-R , kik solid, the formant type sound seems off key somehow? + a touch miss timed? The break up seems well controlled, introduction of acidy style organ is nice, its just the formanty voice style backwards type thingy which hasn't really sat well in my head, Would like sum samba live drummage style breakage in there, yes its minimal, but I still wanna shake my butt. Its ended, oh,ok.
I dont listen to hate, I like to hear what people create, so apology if you think I'm a touch insensitive.
See what others say.

You insensitive jerk! How dare you!

Just kidding, honestly with this track I just wanted to take a minimal approach, I even took my artwork ago a minimal approach too. I felt that if I added any more it would just take away from the track. Anyways, thank you for your time!
Eauson
KVRian

835 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:12 pm Re: Basil - Crisp (2018) (Progressive House)

LickBasil wrote:
See what others say.

Just kidding, honestly with this track I just wanted to take a minimal approach, I even took my artwork ago a minimal approach too. I felt that if I added any more it would just take away from the track. Anyways, thank you for your time!

Yes, I get what you are saying, people have differences, so listening I just heard additional sounds that could spice it up a bit :)
However, I appreciate what you are doing with "your track", as they say less is more and when its being mixed by a DJ then often you need to make it less complicated :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
LickBasil
KVRist

Postby LickBasil; Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:24 pm Re: Basil - Crisp (2018) (Progressive House)

Eauson wrote:
LickBasil wrote:
See what others say.

Yes, I get what you are saying, people have differences, so listening I just heard additional sounds that could spice it up a bit :)
However, I appreciate what you are doing with "your track", as they say less is more and when its being mixed by a DJ then often you need to make it less complicated :D

That's the mindset I had when finishing the track.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe