Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Eauson
KVRian

635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:25 am Crustaceans (DnB)

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/crustaceans

I wasn't going to put any more up this week, but I failed :(
Well, after blathering away in systmu's thread I thought I would throw this up, an attempt @a quick fire track.
Have seen people do live coding to make music which is v interesting, this not quite the same, all sounds were already collected, so I just put down some beats and pieces and this is what occurred. Not so much live but it really didn't take long so a bit howdoyousay quiiick, its had a touch of aftermarket to livennit up. So I let you be the judge.

thanks for looking and hopefully listening :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
wagtunes
KVRAF

12376 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:44 am Re: Crustaceans (DnB)

My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 6.5

Overall - 8

Comments: Reminds me a little of the piece you were commenting on. Needs EQing. That's the first thing that popped out at me. Synths are like buried. At least on my phones. Hard to make some of it out. Musically, very cool. But definitely needs some brightening up. (Please note my 5k and up is shot so that might have something to do with it)
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:40 am Re: Crustaceans (DnB)

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 8
Instruments - 8
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 6.5

Overall - 8

Comments: Reminds me a little of the piece you were commenting on. Needs EQing. That's the first thing that popped out at me. Synths are like buried. At least on my phones. Hard to make some of it out. Musically, very cool. But definitely needs some brightening up. (Please note my 5k and up is shot so that might have something to do with it)

Thanks Wags, I'm gutted for you with hearing problems, Is there any way you can see someone about it, have your membrane pierced as this can help alleviate some loss?
Anyway, back to the track, yes, the instruments are somewhat buried but I like my beats too much and somewhat neglect the other elements. I know, its all about balance, but I tend to just go for it :)
Anyway, thanks for comment and rating. :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
systmu
KVRist

292 posts since 6 Feb, 2015

Postby systmu; Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:45 pm Re: Crustaceans (DnB)

Oh god I love this man. Your tracks are always so original and amazing. Sound fantastic too. Yeah I wouldn't hold the mix against him sounds fantastic to me on my sceptre s8. It is a a bit how you say computery and digital but that is the sound and it sounds great. I mean I could see there not being a lot of depth but everything is eq'd and mixed in the right spots and volumes ( I guess the low bass is too wide I would mono that up to 200hz mayb I dunno, I can def hear a stereo bass in some parts in headphones, unless that is your intent :) ) .

If you don't mind me asking what daw are you using? I love it though. Sounds great on apple airpods too. Excellent programing. Nice Job :tu:
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:09 pm Re: Crustaceans (DnB)

systmu wrote:Oh god I love this man. Your tracks are always so original and amazing. Sound fantastic too. Yeah I wouldn't hold the mix against him sounds fantastic to me on my sceptre s8. It is a a bit how you say computery and digital but that is the sound and it sounds great. I mean I could see there not being a lot of depth but everything is eq'd and mixed in the right spots and volumes ( I guess the low bass is too wide I would mono that up to 200hz mayb I dunno, I can def hear a stereo bass in some parts in headphones, unless that is your intent :) ) .

If you don't mind me asking what daw are you using? I love it though. Sounds great on apple airpods too. Excellent programing. Nice Job :tu:

:D thanks, my 1st new daw in 14 yrs, Reaper, only just starting to get used to it, seems like it was made more for Wav audio than midi, but is v capable. The rest is Crust synth, this is just a continuation from Kvr OSC so that's why it was a quick turnaround. With regards to the mix, everything I had been doing was very mono, until some comments in said competition by OSC'ers prompted me to check my setup with tape measurer and level and start looking at width. Also viewing an Audacity shows a very good balance, probably my best so far visually.
Anyway enough of that, thanks for listening, I am happy that some peoples likes.

:tu: :party: :phones:

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe