Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
DeeFoxx
KVRer

12 posts since 30 Jun, 2018

Postby DeeFoxx; Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:47 am New Track - Pulse

My second release, I received some great feedback from everyone at the forum. Any thoughts or feedback would be again much appreciated. This track is free to download as well. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/deefoxx/pulse
wagtunes
KVRAF

12376 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:20 am Re: New Track - Pulse

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.75

Comments: Kick really cuts through. Curious as to what processing you did on it to get it to sound so good. Also what your sound source was. Music a little low on volume and pumping could be reduced just a fraction. Catchy riff. Some of the cliched bits forgivable as I'm sure it's an expected genre thing. Enjoyed this one more than I thought I would.
DeeFoxx
KVRer

Postby DeeFoxx; Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:14 am Re: New Track - Pulse

Thanks Wags. I used Profilter on the drums, specifically the kick. I do a low cut and added a bit on the mids. I use Kick2 for all my kicks as it has really allowed me to not have to buy any packs or try to find that specific kick I am looking for.

As for the music being low I'm wondering when I masted it if I could maybe bring the limiter up a little more. I also decided to lower the threshold and the makeup really low due to some distortion that I was experiencing with parts of the song.
sleepcircle
KVRist

77 posts since 28 Nov, 2016

Postby sleepcircle; Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 pm Re: New Track - Pulse

honestly, problems like that shouldn't be solved with a single limiter—limiters are very sharp, brutal things for slicing off peaks at the last stage—very few of them manage to avoid distortion. a bunch of individual low-impact compressors on different tracks is more useful in cases like this.

http://productionadvice.co.uk/how-to-ma ... usic-loud/ one of the things this guy says:

Heavy compression is always audible. Use compression gently at different stages throughout the recording and mixing process – some on the instrument when playing, some in the mix, maybe some on the mix buss for some styles of music, then some gentle multi-band, and finally some mild limiting. These gradual increases will allow you to get higher average levels without killing the music.

i like this a lot, btw. also it's got more "sonic space" like I was talking about last time—although this seems like it's more caused by the specific arrangement you picked than by the mixing.
DeeFoxx
KVRer

Postby DeeFoxx; Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:52 pm Re: New Track - Pulse

Hey thanks Sleep I appreciate the insight.
biodiode
KVRist

424 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:07 am Re: New Track - Pulse

Been listening to this on my laptop speakers and aside for what has already been mentioned I really enjoyed the listen. Nice punchy kick drives this track. :tu:
fastlanephil
KVRian

510 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:46 pm Re: New Track - Pulse

Great dance music. And not bad for just listening to either.

I made a note of the drum synth.
DeeFoxx
KVRer

Postby DeeFoxx; Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:05 pm Re: New Track - Pulse

Thanks guys.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe