bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beta test started on these plugins!

Officially endorsed by SSL.

Brainworx bx_console SSL 4000 E

MSRP: $299

Brainworx bx_console SSL 4000 G

MSRP: $349 (each)
Intro discount: $249 (each) from July 19 on
You will get a massive discount if you belong to one of these user groups:

You're a PickPacker and your PickPack contains any of the existing bx_consoles?
We'll be happy to offer you the new SSL 4000 E and/or G plugins for an unbeatable price of $50 (each)!

You 're a PickPacker, but don't own any of our consoles yet?
Not a problem, we'll be happy to get you your first desk!
You'll pay just $99 (each) for E and/or G!
No more waiting for Xmas.

You own the existing bx_console E and/or G plugins!
If you own the existing E or G plugins by Brainworx, you can get the SSL versions for the pure difference in price ($299 vs $349), which is $50 per plugin.
If you bought the existing bx_console E and/or G at full list price ($299) in the last 3 months, you will get a FREE SSL version from us.

You own bx_console N!
If you own bx_console N we will offer you the SSL E and/or G plugins for $149 (each).

You're a Heavy Hitter!
You own more than 20 commercial Alliance plugins (any brands) and have proven to be a loyal customer? Thank you for that! To reward you, we will give you the new SSL 4000 E/G plugins for just $99 each! No more waiting for Xmas.

Brainworx bx_townhouse Buss Compressor

MSRP: $299
Intro price: $199 from July 19 on
You will get a massive discount if you belong to any of these user groups:
You're a PickPacker?

If you own an active PickPack, you will be able to buy bx_townhouse for $99.

You own a bx_console?
If you own ANY of our bx_consoles (E/G or N!) at launch date, you can buy bx_townhouse for $149.

You're a Heavy Hitter!
You own more than 20 commercial Alliance plugins (any brands) on launch day and have proven to be a loyal customer? Thank you for that! To reward you we will give you the new bx_townhouse plugin for just $99! 

4000 E - the compressor sounds heaps better.
the EQ highs are much smoother and the overall sound is improved.
The release of the expander sounded a bit tighter to my ears also.

I think it's gonna make a fair difference in projects that utilise a number of instances.
the extra modelling input from SSL is a welcome and worthy upgrade in my opinion.
yay vouchers!!
:D

sqigls wrote:4000 E - the compressor sounds heaps better.

I think it's gonna make a fair difference in projects that utilise a number of instances.
the extra modelling input from SSL is a welcome and worthy upgrade in my opinion.
yay vouchers!!
Kinda sad that I was downgraded to the $25 tier after adjustment

They worked directly with SSL to improve the highs (and other parts of the model)

sqigls wrote:4000 E - the compressor sounds heaps better.

yay vouchers!!
This is my takeaway from using it last night as well. I want to try them out over a full mix but the smoother highs, nicer compression I think will add up over a many instances, will leave it to the mix to decide tho!

The filters are a touch smoother as well. Nice changes, I wouldn't want to pay $50, but with the $25 voucher I got for getting E I will be happy with $25.

Running through the TMT channels yields exciting results now.
Might be too subtle to most, but it's pretty cool i reckon.
seems to make much more difference in this 4000 e version than the channel e.
the whole plugin is just tighter and more refined. good shit man

There's already a discussion here guys ! :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488471

yeah cheers
technically, and literally, it's a different plugin though.

Endor-8o8 wrote:There's already a discussion here guys ! :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488471
Kinda of. Now bx is SSL endorsed, and the plugins were improved with SSL help.

The original bx_console e and bx_console g will be discontinued.

s28 wrote: Nice changes, I wouldn't want to pay $50, but with the $25 voucher I got for getting E I will be happy with $25.

+1. Should also have been a free upgrade for anyone purchasing E/G within last month.

bx_townhouse sounds great, but MRSP of $299 for non SSL-endorsed is ridiculous. Not sure yet whether I'd ever want to drop $149 for crossgrade.

I'm glad those who bought full price recently are getting the update for free. I picked up Console E in the last promotion so it looks like I'll be paying $50 extra. Not sure how fair that is considering these are just updates but it's still cheaper than the full product and I am very impressed by the quality.

EDIT: If we can use our voucher on the update, that definitely seems better - as long as I can wait a month before I do it.

i agree it should have been free updates for owners of the other E and G consoles 'cos they ain't that freaking old. i feel the $50 upgrade price to a bit of a gouge for the sake of making profit. as for the vouchers... i own so much of their product that my voucher is down to $25 which i have not been using. i will test both the E and G to see if the $25 net is reasonable. i do not pay for logos and only purchase things that benefit me audibly. if it is true that the 'bx' models will be discontinued after such a short lifespan really makes me re-think my stance on Dirk and PA. they have been kind over the years but since his move i think they are upping their 'profit margin' and strategies. and to discontinue support for the previous models after such a short time is only done to force purchases of the upgrade. :(

and on a side note.. if this is a public beta why then is it a 14 day demo license? i have not tried the E and G yet but installed the townhouse last night thinking it was a beta as stated but low and behold it is a 14 day demo it seems and is probably noted as such in my account which i have not checked yet but in the past if you ask and are a good customer they have allowed me to demo things a second time before purchase. so i am not real concerned.

i have been quite happy with the E and G i have and all this kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth :( especially since i have invested in them and since there is not much on offer for me since i own most plugs my loyalty voucher is all but non-existent :( since it is all based on what you purchased 'recently' i appreciate their kindness over the years but i feel that is somewhat changing :( cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

They aren't cutting support on the older E and G models, they will be supported and receive updates still, this has been mentioned, they are just not being sold. I think if they've struck a deal with SSL, it's common sense part of that deal would mean bx wouldn't be selling their own, unlicensed version at the same time.

I do think the upgrade could have been free for everyone, would have been much nicer but if lots of work has gone into it as well as striking a deal with SSL, I can understand why they'd charge.

MadDogE134 wrote:... i feel the $50 upgrade price to a bit of a gouge for the sake of making profit. as for the vouchers... i own so much of their product that my voucher is down to $25 which i have not been using. i will test both the E and G to see if the $25 net is reasonable. ...
I think you'll be looking at $100 to upgrade both E and G.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... 000_e.html

You own the existing bx_console E and/or G plugins!
If you own the existing E or G plugins by Brainworx, you can get the SSL versions for the pure difference in price ($299 vs $349), which is $50 per plugin.
If you bought the existing bx_console E and/or G at full list price ($299) in the last 3 months, you will get a FREE SSL version from us.

MadDogE134 wrote:and on a side note.. if this is a public beta why then is it a 14 day demo license? i have not tried the E and G yet but installed the townhouse last night thinking it was a beta as stated but low and behold it is a 14 day demo it seems and is probably noted as such in my account which i have not checked yet but in the past if you ask and are a good customer they have allowed me to demo things a second time before purchase.
That's also what I thought.
If the plugin is really still in beta phase and subject to possible changes, I personally think it should not be counted as their regular 14 days trial, but that's what seems to happen when you try to activate it.

Unfortunately for my wallet, i downloaded the demos and used them on a session on all 12 drum tracks I was working on. The improvement over the previous version in the compression and EQ is making this a "must buy" for me. I was very happy with the updated version.

Return to “Effects”