Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
waltercruz
KVRAF

1579 posts since 3 Dec, 2011, from Brasília, Brazil

Postby waltercruz; Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 am bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

Beta test started on these plugins!

Officially endorsed by SSL.

Brainworx bx_console SSL 4000 E

MSRP: $299

Brainworx bx_console SSL 4000 G

MSRP: $349 (each)
Intro discount: $249 (each) from July 19 on

You will get a massive discount if you belong to one of these user groups:

You're a PickPacker and your PickPack contains any of the existing bx_consoles?
We'll be happy to offer you the new SSL 4000 E and/or G plugins for an unbeatable price of $50 (each)!

You 're a PickPacker, but don't own any of our consoles yet?
Not a problem, we'll be happy to get you your first desk!
You'll pay just $99 (each) for E and/or G!
No more waiting for Xmas.

You own the existing bx_console E and/or G plugins!
If you own the existing E or G plugins by Brainworx, you can get the SSL versions for the pure difference in price ($299 vs $349), which is $50 per plugin.
If you bought the existing bx_console E and/or G at full list price ($299) in the last 3 months, you will get a FREE SSL version from us.

You own bx_console N!
If you own bx_console N we will offer you the SSL E and/or G plugins for $149 (each).

You're a Heavy Hitter!
You own more than 20 commercial Alliance plugins (any brands) and have proven to be a loyal customer? Thank you for that! To reward you, we will give you the new SSL 4000 E/G plugins for just $99 each! No more waiting for Xmas.

Brainworx bx_townhouse Buss Compressor

MSRP: $299
Intro price: $199 from July 19 on

You will get a massive discount if you belong to any of these user groups:
You're a PickPacker?

If you own an active PickPack, you will be able to buy bx_townhouse for $99.

You own a bx_console?
If you own ANY of our bx_consoles (E/G or N!) at launch date, you can buy bx_townhouse for $149.

You're a Heavy Hitter!
You own more than 20 commercial Alliance plugins (any brands) on launch day and have proven to be a loyal customer? Thank you for that! To reward you we will give you the new bx_townhouse plugin for just $99! 
sqigls
KVRAF

3004 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:19 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

4000 E - the compressor sounds heaps better.
the EQ highs are much smoother and the overall sound is improved.
The release of the expander sounded a bit tighter to my ears also.

I think it's gonna make a fair difference in projects that utilise a number of instances.
the extra modelling input from SSL is a welcome and worthy upgrade in my opinion.
yay vouchers!!
:D
waltercruz
KVRAF

Postby waltercruz; Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:39 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

sqigls wrote:4000 E - the compressor sounds heaps better.

I think it's gonna make a fair difference in projects that utilise a number of instances.
the extra modelling input from SSL is a welcome and worthy upgrade in my opinion.
yay vouchers!!

Kinda sad that I was downgraded to the $25 tier after adjustment

They worked directly with SSL to improve the highs (and other parts of the model)
s28
KVRist

54 posts since 9 Aug, 2017

Postby s28; Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:49 pm Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

sqigls wrote:4000 E - the compressor sounds heaps better.

yay vouchers!!

This is my takeaway from using it last night as well. I want to try them out over a full mix but the smoother highs, nicer compression I think will add up over a many instances, will leave it to the mix to decide tho!

The filters are a touch smoother as well. Nice changes, I wouldn't want to pay $50, but with the $25 voucher I got for getting E I will be happy with $25.
sqigls
KVRAF

Postby sqigls; Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:48 pm Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

Running through the TMT channels yields exciting results now.
Might be too subtle to most, but it's pretty cool i reckon.
seems to make much more difference in this 4000 e version than the channel e.
the whole plugin is just tighter and more refined. good shit man
Endor-8o8
KVRian

902 posts since 29 Apr, 2012, from Paris

Postby Endor-8o8; Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:45 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

There's already a discussion here guys ! :wink:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488471
"It is better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a sheep."
sqigls
KVRAF

Postby sqigls; Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:55 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

yeah cheers
technically, and literally, it's a different plugin though.
waltercruz
KVRAF

Postby waltercruz; Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:24 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

Endor-8o8 wrote:There's already a discussion here guys ! :wink:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=488471

Kinda of. Now bx is SSL endorsed, and the plugins were improved with SSL help.

The original bx_console e and bx_console g will be discontinued.
db3
KVRAF

1761 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Postby db3; Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:11 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

s28 wrote: Nice changes, I wouldn't want to pay $50, but with the $25 voucher I got for getting E I will be happy with $25.

+1. Should also have been a free upgrade for anyone purchasing E/G within last month.

bx_townhouse sounds great, but MRSP of $299 for non SSL-endorsed is ridiculous. Not sure yet whether I'd ever want to drop $149 for crossgrade.
-dthree-
Unaspected
KVRist

379 posts since 4 May, 2012

Postby Unaspected; Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

I'm glad those who bought full price recently are getting the update for free. I picked up Console E in the last promotion so it looks like I'll be paying $50 extra. Not sure how fair that is considering these are just updates but it's still cheaper than the full product and I am very impressed by the quality.

EDIT: If we can use our voucher on the update, that definitely seems better - as long as I can wait a month before I do it.
MadDogE134
KVRist

110 posts since 25 Nov, 2007

Postby MadDogE134; Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:27 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

i agree it should have been free updates for owners of the other E and G consoles 'cos they ain't that freaking old. i feel the $50 upgrade price to a bit of a gouge for the sake of making profit. as for the vouchers... i own so much of their product that my voucher is down to $25 which i have not been using. i will test both the E and G to see if the $25 net is reasonable. i do not pay for logos and only purchase things that benefit me audibly. if it is true that the 'bx' models will be discontinued after such a short lifespan really makes me re-think my stance on Dirk and PA. they have been kind over the years but since his move i think they are upping their 'profit margin' and strategies. and to discontinue support for the previous models after such a short time is only done to force purchases of the upgrade. :(

and on a side note.. if this is a public beta why then is it a 14 day demo license? i have not tried the E and G yet but installed the townhouse last night thinking it was a beta as stated but low and behold it is a 14 day demo it seems and is probably noted as such in my account which i have not checked yet but in the past if you ask and are a good customer they have allowed me to demo things a second time before purchase. so i am not real concerned.

i have been quite happy with the E and G i have and all this kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth :( especially since i have invested in them and since there is not much on offer for me since i own most plugs my loyalty voucher is all but non-existent :( since it is all based on what you purchased 'recently' i appreciate their kindness over the years but i feel that is somewhat changing :( cheers
s28
KVRist

54 posts since 9 Aug, 2017

Postby s28; Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

They aren't cutting support on the older E and G models, they will be supported and receive updates still, this has been mentioned, they are just not being sold. I think if they've struck a deal with SSL, it's common sense part of that deal would mean bx wouldn't be selling their own, unlicensed version at the same time.

I do think the upgrade could have been free for everyone, would have been much nicer but if lots of work has gone into it as well as striking a deal with SSL, I can understand why they'd charge.
plexuss
KVRAF

1964 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby plexuss; Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:53 pm Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

MadDogE134 wrote:... i feel the $50 upgrade price to a bit of a gouge for the sake of making profit. as for the vouchers... i own so much of their product that my voucher is down to $25 which i have not been using. i will test both the E and G to see if the $25 net is reasonable. ...

I think you'll be looking at $100 to upgrade both E and G.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... 000_e.html

You own the existing bx_console E and/or G plugins!
If you own the existing E or G plugins by Brainworx, you can get the SSL versions for the pure difference in price ($299 vs $349), which is $50 per plugin.
If you bought the existing bx_console E and/or G at full list price ($299) in the last 3 months, you will get a FREE SSL version from us.
Niowiad
KVRist

156 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 pm Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

MadDogE134 wrote:and on a side note.. if this is a public beta why then is it a 14 day demo license? i have not tried the E and G yet but installed the townhouse last night thinking it was a beta as stated but low and behold it is a 14 day demo it seems and is probably noted as such in my account which i have not checked yet but in the past if you ask and are a good customer they have allowed me to demo things a second time before purchase.

That's also what I thought.
If the plugin is really still in beta phase and subject to possible changes, I personally think it should not be counted as their regular 14 days trial, but that's what seems to happen when you try to activate it.
trmupstage
KVRist

250 posts since 25 Sep, 2002, from Chicago

Postby trmupstage; Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:52 am Re: bx_console SSL 4000 E, bx_console SSL 4000 G and bx_townhouse Buss Compressor (SSL Bus Compressor)

Unfortunately for my wallet, i downloaded the demos and used them on a session on all 12 drum tracks I was working on. The improvement over the previous version in the compression and EQ is making this a "must buy" for me. I was very happy with the updated version.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects