Blue Cat's Free Amp Released!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Free Amp

We are very happy to announce the release of Blue Cat's Free Amp, a brand new amp simulation plug-in that is entirely free!

Using the Destructor dynamic distortion engine that is also used inside the Axiom software, Blue Cat's Free Amp offers three amp models for a wide range of guitar tones. And you can also download 20 additional free amp presets by Hans Van Even for the plug-in.

Check it out, it's a simple free download: no registration required, no limitation and no dongle, it is definitely a Free Amp!

Download Blue Cat's Free Amp plug-in

Do these free amps need a cab?

No, they have a built-in matched cabinet filter (a different simulation for each amp). It cannot be disabled, but turning the "Tone" control to 100% should be enough if you want to use your own cabinet simulation after the pug-in.

Thanks. Will be downloading and using these amps this weekend.

Finally stopped being lazy and plugged in the geetar to have a go with this.

The M****all and rectifier modes are nice enough, but the clean amp (which is of course the true test of any amp - can it do the jangle..?)..... :love:

Made my Shitenbacker crap £100 12 string sound bloody marvellous. Instant Stones Roses. :hihi:

Nice one!

donkey tugger wrote:Finally stopped being lazy and plugged in the geetar to have a go with this.

The M****all and rectifier modes are nice enough, but the clean amp (which is of course the true test of any amp - can it do the jangle..?)..... :love:

Made my Shitenbacker crap £100 12 string sound bloody marvellous. Instant Stones Roses. :hihi:

Nice one!
Shitenbacker :lol:

Gonna have to find a reason to steal that one sometime.:hihi:

Tappistry wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:Finally stopped being lazy and plugged in the geetar to have a go with this.

Nice one!
Shitenbacker :lol:

Gonna have to find a reason to steal that one sometime.:hihi:
To be honest, I did somewhat steal the idea from a friend anyway, who is the proud owner of a' Crapocaster' :hihi:

I hope these guitars sound better than the names suggest :lol:

Blue Cat Audio wrote:I hope these guitars sound better than the names suggest :lol:
That reminds me, I should show off my new Lace alumitone pickups in my 8-string with these amps. (Definitely not a shit-o-caster).

Blue Cat Audio wrote:I hope these guitars sound better than the names suggest :lol:
I can't speak for the Crapocaster, but after tweaking the action and doing the old trick of tuning it down a semitone and using a capo, the Shitenbacker can do quite a good jangle. Just the bridge pickup into NI's VC2A compressor then into one of clean the presets of your Free Amp;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/shitenbacker.mp3

I still get the impression though that the build quality is 'questionable', and that if I was to drop it or kick it over (as one is wont to do from time to time...) it would fall apart into little bits.. :hihi:

:tu:

The more I play with this the more I like it. The 'classic' and 'modern' models are great, but the clean.... :love: Took a bit of playing about (like a real amp) with the tone and treble controls to begin with but I've got the hang of it now. First class retro chiming jangle! Here it be in an actual song context, which I thought I'd post here as well now I'm vaguely happy that it's finished. Got my Variax in one of the semi-acoustic modes for the rhythm guitar on the left, and the Shitenbacker 12 doing the picking bit on the right - both with a bit of compression, convolution spring reverb, and a touch of tremelo for the rhythm all kicks in near the end..

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... s-case.mp3

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”