Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Samuel_S
KVRist

104 posts since 25 Apr, 2018, from USA

Postby Samuel_S; Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:46 am Vintage Ambience (ambient drum n bass)

Vintage Ambience
Hi everyone, I'm back with a new song I just made. I feel like this is one of my best works yet and I'm confident that it doesn't suck. One of the reasons is that I got to download the Sonic Charge Cyclone and loaded an fxp full of chopped break samples and actually chopped my own breaks this time which is pretty cool. 
Yeah there is a bit of repetition, I know, but usually why that is because I couldn't think of anything else to put there in most places so I just left them there. But overall, this is pretty good.
Last edited by Samuel_S on Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.
fastlanephil
KVRian

535 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:41 pm Re: Vintage Epicness (ambient drum n bass)

I like the musical part. I'm not sure if the drums meshed up with it that well. Maybe pull them back in the mix with some space.
Samuel_S
KVRist

Postby Samuel_S; Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:54 pm Re: Vintage Epicness (ambient drum n bass)

fastlanephil wrote:I like the musical part. I'm not sure if the drums meshed up with it that well. Maybe pull them back in the mix with some space.

I'm guessing that means that the breaks were too loud and/or didn't fit the feel of the whole track.
biodiode
KVRist

347 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:40 pm Re: Vintage Ambience (ambient drum n bass)

I'm with fastlanephil on this one. The music side of things is perfectly fine and quite enjoyable to listen to. Although the drums are classic DnB style I don't feel the connection with the music and they seem out of place more than anything.
Samuel_S
KVRist

Postby Samuel_S; Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:44 am Re: Vintage Ambience (ambient drum n bass)

biodiode wrote:I'm with fastlanephil on this one. The music side of things is perfectly fine and quite enjoyable to listen to. Although the drums are classic DnB style I don't feel the connection with the music and they seem out of place more than anything.

*Sigh" ok. I agree the Amen break chops are too much. Maybe a simpler modern DnB pattern would work if you know what I mean.
thenumber23
KVRian

609 posts since 31 Jan, 2003, from C@L

Postby thenumber23; Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:25 pm Re: Vintage Ambience (ambient drum n bass)

I like this. It has a great LTJ Bukem vibe to it. I also liked 80s Ambient Synthpop Thing.
Samuel_S
KVRist

Postby Samuel_S; Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:51 pm Re: Vintage Ambience (ambient drum n bass)

thenumber23 wrote:I like this. It has a great LTJ Bukem vibe to it. I also liked 80s Ambient Synthpop Thing.

I have just listened to Demon's Theme a couple of days ago and I was absolutely blown away how it was ahead of its time.
layzer
KVRAF

5344 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am Re: Vintage Ambience (ambient drum n bass)

why did i know that burned out amen break loop was going to come in at :45
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
Samuel_S
KVRist

Postby Samuel_S; Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:01 pm Re: Vintage Ambience (ambient drum n bass)

layzer wrote:why did i know that burned out amen break loop was going to come in at :45

lol you hear those alot in tracks like this?
layzer
KVRAF

5344 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:42 pm Re: Vintage Ambience (ambient drum n bass)

Samuel_S wrote:
layzer wrote:why did i know that burned out amen break loop was going to come in at :45

lol you hear those alot in tracks like this?

i heard it alot, period.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe