A Wanton World

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/a-wanton-world

Thanks for looking and hopefully listening
feedback and comments welcomed
Last edited by Eauson on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 9

Comments: Very unusual sounding piece. Interested in what synths you used. Do I hear a vocoder in there? Very well done. Would appreciate a return listen on my latest track. Worked very hard on it. Sorry, hate to go begging but I get very little feedback around here. Thanks.

Nice :tu: sparse instrumentation but really smooth to listen to.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 9

Comments: Very unusual sounding piece. Interested in what synths you used. Do I hear a vocoder in there? Very well done. Would appreciate a return listen on my latest track. Worked very hard on it. Sorry, hate to go begging but I get very little feedback around here. Thanks.
Thanks Wags, its still a bit rough, was my 1st attempt @something like this, its more complex than I realised,, no vocoder.
biodiode wrote:Nice :tu: sparse instrumentation but really smooth to listen to.
Many thanks, I still hear high pitch warbling on the synthetic strings and it was a real pain to get a good balance, still not 100% happy, but it started to get to me, as i try not to overwork what i make, so I thought I would release it into the wilderness

Thanks once again for listening :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

It's a quirky little piece...enjoyed listening to it.

The rhythmic dissonance between the various strands is particularly interesting...it grated at first, but then grew on me the more I listened.

For me, the 'big' sound that enters around halfway is too dominant and everything else disappears in the mix at that point.

I also wanted some contrast, especially on the second listen...some different material to take me away from the ethereal quirkiness for 30 seconds or so.
Eauson wrote:A classical piece using synthesis
Why is it a 'classical' piece? Not the way I heard it at all.

ChamMusic wrote:It's a quirky little piece...enjoyed listening to it.

The rhythmic dissonance between the various strands is particularly interesting...it grated at first, but then grew on me the more I listened.

For me, the 'big' sound that enters around halfway is too dominant and everything else disappears in the mix at that point.

I also wanted some contrast, especially on the second listen...some different material to take me away from the ethereal quirkiness for 30 seconds or so.
Eauson wrote:A classical piece using synthesis
Why is it a 'classical' piece? Not the way I heard it at all.
Thanks, it was a track which I had put down really quickly and then found my self trying to get it to gel, the synth I was using kept on giving me random velocities so I just bounced it down, did a quick loudness increase and put it here for feedback/comment. As you say, it could do with a section to change the tone, which hopefully will arrive at some point :)
The reason behind the classical was I didn't know what it was and it was a naïve trial of synthesis of piano, string, harp etc which to me are classical instruments, I had originally written classical?, just wasn't sure, any suggestions?

Eauson wrote:synthesis of piano, string, harp etc which to me are classical instruments
They are instruments that are regularly used in a lot of different styles of music! :0)
Eauson wrote:I had originally written classical?, just wasn't sure, any suggestions?
Don't worry about what genre / style it is...let each listener decide for themselves! :0)

To me it's light, ambient electronica, but others will have different opinions...doesn't really matter that much! :0) Not a great fan of pigeon-holing music into genres anyway.

ChamMusic wrote:
Eauson wrote:synthesis of piano, string, harp etc which to me are classical instruments
They are instruments that are regularly used in a lot of different styles of music! :0)
Eauson wrote:I had originally written classical?, just wasn't sure, any suggestions?
Don't worry about what genre / style it is...let each listener decide for themselves! :0)

To me it's light, ambient electronica, but others will have different opinions...doesn't really matter that much! :0) Not a great fan of pigeon-holing music into genres anyway.
Okay, thanks, deleted classical, maybe get more listens :)
As to regular use of instruments, its true, just wasn't sure what it was :?

Return to “Music Cafe”