Unresponsive Developers Should be banned from KVR

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just my opinion

It's of course very annoying when a developer doesn't respond but they are also human. In many cases they are a one man show as well and not backed up by a large organisation. Therefore I personally think it would be a bad idea to ban unresponsive developers. Bad things happens in life.

I have no problem with banning developers that behaive bad in this forum, same as for regular members.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

If they are banned, how can they respond?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

maybe the threath would make them

I agree that obtaining a KVR forum as a developers should require a minimum standard of behaviour and responsiveness. And, IMO that should really include a KVR-provided mechanism for 'business on hold due to unforseen circumstances', given the number of small and one-man shops there are.)

Of course it would require a sane and responsible definition for 'unresponsive' that isnt just 'single salty customer has gripe'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:I agree that obtaining a KVR forum as a developers should require a minimum standard of behaviour and responsiveness. And, IMO that should really include a KVR-provided mechanism for 'business on hold due to unforseen circumstances', given the number of small and one-man shops there are.)

Of course it would require a sane and responsible definition for 'unresponsive' that isnt just 'single salty customer has gripe'.

100% agree

A puzzle: when KVR users attack unresponsive developers by spamming their Forum, should developers be banned from responding or users be banned from spamming?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

oh, i assumed this was in 'Site Stuff' rather than targetted at a specific dev.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yes I also did not notice, and made the same error!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I think KV331 is being targeting because of posts like this:
mjudge55 wrote:Hey everyone, I’ve tried using KV331’s email contact page three times to transfer a license and I’m getting no response. Anyone know a better way to get in touch with the developer?
Thanks,Matt
crams wrote:Ordered Synthmaster 3 weeks ago and wrote a few emails but did no receive the license or an answer...
How long did you wait to get your license?
zuch wrote:Just wondering if the KV331 support is down, I've sent 7 emails over the last 40 days and haven't yet seen 1 reply.
My email was changed and i cannot login to the user area to download the latest versions of Synthmaster or Synthmaster One.
It seems like I've seen more complaints about unresponsiveness from KV331 than most any other. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Contact them via email/their website. That worked for me. This forum is more for user discussion rather than support, it seems.

Michael L wrote:If they are banned, how can they respond?
Good point. :lol:

No, really, why should they be banned? KVR is not responsible for developers advertising here, unless they scam, or something. Be responsible as a customer. Avoid developers which don't respond to your support requests. If you feel like that is the way you want to handle it. It's your money, your product, and your own choice.

I'm also against publicly calling out companies for whatever reasons. As whyterabbyt has pointed out, it could as well be a single customer having a gripe with respective company. Also, it produces especially one thing: A lot of BS.

It certainly adds a touch of warmth to see developers/designers around. Urs and Howard and Rob for u-he, Vojtech for Melda, George for DiscoDSP, Markus for Tone2, and there are some more. It's kind of neat, if only to shoot the breeze and perhaps even give opinions. As such, I'd wish others whose products I like and use and explore would show up more frequently. But then, it's not everyone who can handle that, even if they have time. It must start with a personality that likes to share and talk. Some are doing great cool things but do not have this trait of persona. And then there are others who simply do not want to mingle, the worst kind :D :D :D

Cheers.

I don't need to speak to developers directly, but... it's very nice to get some information about what is planned, what isn't, or to get help directly from the people creating the software. I understand though that, at a certain point, that is not possible anymore. Think Native Instruments or Steinberg. If you're that big, and selling so many copies of your software, you are busy, and, of course, not able to reply to every single user.

What i don't understand at all though is that "They don listen to their customers... :(" attitude, which, IMO, rather shows the selfish and hubris attitude of the user. If they wouldn't actually listen to their users, they would certainly not create software which attracts so many users. After all, each of those chose the software for a reason, and that's because it fits them the best. That kind of attitude also shows the lack of knowledge of software development. Let's say they listened to every single one of their users. The resulting software would be a gigantic piece of bloatware, with thousands of features, no common theme, and it wouldn't be finished in 20 years also. So, in general, it would be pretty retarded to listen to every single one of the users.

And then, there are the ones who are also offering music :)

Vojtech (Melda Production) on drums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTAsZ7vY2KQ

Return to “KV331 Audio”