Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
aquilyzer
KVRist
 
36 posts since 30 Mar, 2005

Postby aquilyzer; Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:24 am Bright Spot (DnB)

https://soundcloud.com/aquilyzer/aquilyzer-bright-spot

Done in Reason 10, some "Trancy" Drum and Bass.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12631 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 am Re: Bright Spot (DnB)

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Trancy D&B. Well, it's interesting, that's for sure. Went better together than I thought it would. Well done.
aquilyzer
KVRist
 
36 posts since 30 Mar, 2005

Postby aquilyzer; Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:53 am Re: Bright Spot (DnB)

Thank you. :)
User avatar
Vortifex
KVRian
 
789 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am Re: Bright Spot (DnB)

Really nice, thoroughly enjoyed that. Definitely got the ol' head nodding there. Only slight negative criticism I have to make is that I felt like there could have been a little extra to the build up just before the drums kicked back in at 2:34 but that's not a big deal. Good job overall :tu:
User avatar
ChamMusic
KVRian
 
596 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:23 am Re: Bright Spot (DnB)

Works very well...shades of Pendulum at times.

That particular D&B Kick / Snare pattern you have as the basis of your drum groove can be a bit cliched nowadays as it's been used so much, but with the more trance-oriented elements alongside it gets new life!

I would love to hear a vocal version...it was crying out for a soaring singer!
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
 
5344 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:13 am Re: Bright Spot (DnB)

ChamMusic wrote:That particular D&B Kick / Snare pattern you have as the basis of your drum groove can be a bit cliched nowadays as it's been used so much


The Amen break loop will never die, sadly.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
User avatar
ChamMusic
KVRian
 
596 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:10 am Re: Bright Spot (DnB)

layzer wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:That particular D&B Kick / Snare pattern you have as the basis of your drum groove can be a bit cliched nowadays as it's been used so much


The Amen break loop will never die, sadly.


Aaaargh! I refuse to use the 'A' word! :0)

Having been involved in Jungle / D&B during the early to mid 1990s, it had started to become over-used even way back then...take into account that it's slow version was extensively used in early Hip Hop as well! :0)

The Winstons have a serious lot to answer for! :0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12631 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:23 am Re: Bright Spot (DnB)

ChamMusic wrote:
layzer wrote:
ChamMusic wrote:That particular D&B Kick / Snare pattern you have as the basis of your drum groove can be a bit cliched nowadays as it's been used so much


The Amen break loop will never die, sadly.


Aaaargh! I refuse to use the 'A' word! :0)

Having been involved in Jungle / D&B during the early to mid 1990s, it had started to become over-used even way back then...take into account that it's slow version was extensively used in early Hip Hop as well! :0)

The Winstons have a serious lot to answer for! :0)


Eh, don't blame the Winstons. Blame lazy musicians.
User avatar
ChamMusic
KVRian
 
596 posts since 12 Jun, 2006, from Birmingham, UK

Postby ChamMusic; Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:56 am Re: Bright Spot (DnB)

wagtunes wrote:Eh, don't blame the Winstons. Blame lazy musicians.


Good point! :0)
Mark Taylor
Chameleon Music

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe