Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.32 Released

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.32 has now been released as a free update. As you can see below it is a rather large update, check it out!

What's New:
- Single Installer on Mac (all plug-ins formats).
- Full Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- New "network slave" mode to run as an audio/MIDI processing server for the Connector plug-in.
- Windows: ASIO Control panel can now be launched from the audio settings window in the application.
- Audio engine can now be restarted from the audio settings window in the application.
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac.
- Now requires MacOS 10.9 and newer.
- Improved MIDI events timing precision in the application.
- Added MIDI tap tempo support for standalone application.
- Standalone application can now send MIDI events to external devices.
- Select individual MIDI I/O in standalone application.
- In most plug-in formats, internal audio I/O configuration can now be selected regardless of the configuration defined by the host.
- Improved MIDI & automation control settings with lock, reset and "save as global setting" capabilities.
- The plug-in and app can now send MIDI events back to a control surface when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the user interface.
- It is now possible to export plug-ins with an unlimited number of parameters.
- The user interface does not throw errors anymore when using more than 48 input parameters in a script (they are simply not displayed).
- Fixed latency compensation changes not always picked up by host applications.
- VST3: fixed random crash in Ableton Live 11 upon load.
- VST3: fixed parameters update issues in Studio One when bouncing tracks.
- Windows: fixed an issue with unicode window titles.
- MacOS: fixed export window colors in dark mode.
- MacOS: fixed plug-in editor positioning issues in some hosts with some particular zoom values

[original announcement here]

Thank you for the update! Could I please suggest a feature for your future plugin versions?

It would be so good if the standalone apps/plugins could restore the previous window size when reopening. I tend to use Axiom, PatchWork and Plug'n Script in 140% scaling or higher and every time I restart them they return to the default size. Would be useful if the default could be customizable. Thanks

It is actually already possible, using the "Save As User Default" command in the presets menu.

With a Blue Cat script, can I make one knob affect two or three parameters at the same time ?
E.g. Turning one knob can simultaneously add Saturation, and a little tremolo at the same (for example).

And, another question: is it possible to do "gain matching". i.e. the DSP I am adding to the input signal makes it louder, so I want to add an option to "gain match" switch so the user can choose to lower the Output volume automatically to the level it was on input ?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Hey I hope there are plans to allow PNS to insert onto 7.0.2/7.1.2 signal paths on AAX/Pro Tools, I've lately really needed a utility to do some metering and channel remapping in Atmos!

iluvcapra wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:12 am Hey I hope there are plans to allow PNS to insert onto 7.0.2/7.1.2 signal paths on AAX/Pro Tools, I've lately really needed a utility to do some metering and channel remapping in Atmos!
There have indeed been many request to support these new formats in Pro Tools. We'll investigate!

MasterTuner wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:25 am With a Blue Cat script, can I make one knob affect two or three parameters at the same time ?
E.g. Turning one knob can simultaneously add Saturation, and a little tremolo at the same (for example).

And, another question: is it possible to do "gain matching". i.e. the DSP I am adding to the input signal makes it louder, so I want to add an option to "gain match" switch so the user can choose to lower the Output volume automatically to the level it was on input ?
1) Yes, it is possible (if you make your own GUI)
2) It doesn't depend on PnS, it's up to you how you make this gain matching algo in DSP.

ilyaorlov wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:34 pm 1) Yes, it is possible (if you make your own GUI)
2) It doesn't depend on PnS, it's up to you how you make this gain matching algo in DSP.
Thanks Ilya...
Is it possible with PnS to expand the GUI, or change to a different "page" or tab with a click?
For example, Soundtoys plugins expand to show a hidden bottom panel on the UI if the user presses the "Tweak" button.
Is this possible with PnS?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Sure it is possible. You can for example enable/disable the "display" attribute of the layout cell or widget containing the expanded GUI.

Which synths have been made with Plug'n Script?
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:26 am Which synths have been made with Plug'n Script?
I don't know if any has been released yet. You may want to see if anyone in the quite active PnS Facebook group has released a synth.

I have a question regarding persistent parameters, esp. globally persistent.
Where are they kept? So that we could clean them and make sure we have a totally default state?

ilyaorlov wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:48 am I have a question regarding persistent parameters, esp. globally persistent.
Where are they kept? So that we could clean them and make sure we have a totally default state?
What do you mean by "globally persistent"? Persistent parameters are saved either in presets or in the host's session. Maybe you are thinking about the undocumented global.model parameters? In this case they are currently saved in the preferences folder, in a global.xml file. But I'd rather stay away from dealing with these files, as there is no guarantee on their format.

How can I use Delphi with Plug-n-script? Is there a default template included?

You can either use angelscript or native C/C++. There is no bridge to Delphi, but it should not be complicated to build one as Delphi supports C functions export if I remember well.

Someone already wrote a Plug'n Script wrapper for rust for example.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”