Blue Cat's Late Replies 1.6 Released - Custom Delay & Reverbs Made Easy!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Late Replies

Heads up! Blue Cat's Late Replies 1.6 is here and on sale, check it out!

What's New
- New macro controls editor to edit plug-in parameters mapping and create your own delay/reverb effects with their own controls.
- Assign multiple parameters from multiple effects to a single macro control, and adjust the range for each parameter.
- Assign a name to each macro control, that is now displayed in automation lanes in most host applications (may require a session reload in some cases).
- Parameters names for existing sessions will be automatically updated upon load.
- Select macro knobs appearance among 18 predefined styles.
- Updated hundreds of presets with macro parameters: you can now keep Late Replies in "EZ" mode and have access to main sub-plug-ins parameters without having to dig into the structure of the preset.
- New learn modes to quickly assign plug-in parameters.
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- You can now tap tempo when using the "manual tempo" sync mode.
- Improved VST parameter value display in some host applications.
- Fixed bypass that did not let MIDI messages go thru for some MIDI plug-ins.
- Fixed some GUI resizing issues with some VST3 plug-ins.
- The installer has been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac.

[original announcement]

great update, but how does tap tempo work exactly? couldn't figure that out myelf!
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:55 am great update, but how does tap tempo work exactly? couldn't figure that out myelf!
Just click the TAP button with the mouse (or Enter key on keyboard when it has focus), and it will set the tempo.

maybe i'm just blind, but where is that TAP button? :oops:

i was trying tapping the base delay knob, or the "reply" dot inside the pattern view and the surrounding areas, but no help

The button will appear if working in tempo sync mode:

:dog: was trying this in unsynced mode, as my other delays with that feature only do this when unsynced :party:

FapFilter wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:24 am :dog: was trying this in unsynced mode, as my other delays with that feature only do this when unsynced :party:
There are indeed 3 sync modes with Late Replies. In no-sync mode you enter the delay in ms instead of beats. :-)

yes, sure, it just didn't cross my mind that i'd need to tempo sync for tap tempo

never really experimented with synced tap to tempo and if this will give different results than tapping the amount in ms...
any reason for tap tempo not available while unsynced? (not that it matters much if the results are indeed exactly the same though)

FapFilter wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:31 am yes, sure, it just didn't cross my mind that i'd need to tempo sync for tap tempo

never really experimented with synced tap to tempo and if this will give different results than tapping the amount in ms...
any reason for tap tempo not available while unsynced? (not that it matters much if the results are indeed exactly the same though)
When unsynced at all, the tempo does not make much sense at all. I guess maybe you would expect that the TAP feature in this case would give you the delay directly in ms?

yes

Indeed, that could useful, indeed! For your purpose I guess you could simply use the tempo sync mode, set the delay to 1 beat and just tap the tempo. The nice thing with this is that you can then quickly subdivide if needed by changing the number of beats later, while keeping the same tempo.

yes, didn't mean that this is super important, as you can freely place your replies (taps) later on anyways. it is just what i'm more used to on a first glance and wondered why it is not available while unsynced

now that this has been settled this leaves me with just the first part of my first post in here: great update! :tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”