eXTracks

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- - Shamelessly cribbed from tracktion (many thanks)

Here we go. Following popular demand, this is where you can post links to your eXT songs.

Please do not post any replies to this Topic, as it is only for links to your eXT songs. If you want to comment on any song, then PM the composer or post a new Topic.

It would be great if you could include:
  • links to the song(s) themselves
  • a brief description - the intended mood, the imagery, the inspiration, the blood, sweat and tears
    - - and how many of you remember them from the 60a/70s?
  • the Software, VSTs and Gear that you used
  • if you want to, links to the eXT project files
While you're here, why not post details of your eXT setup and a link to the "blank" eXT Project file on the eXT Presets thread here

And I will add a link on "eXT Treasures" to this topic.

This Topic will be a Sticky for a week or two (or longer, if I forget to unstick it)
[soma- unstuck to allow for more orgaized 2.1 release. Linked to in the treasure chest.]
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

To start, I'll shortly describe my songs. Since no direct links are allowed to soundclick, you can find all my songs here:
http://www.soundclick.com/timewastin/

Unfortunately, i don't have any working .ext files anymore because i used to delete them after finishing a song to avoid myself from improving it later on.

Orientalude
A rather mellow track with heavy use of delay and an ethnic attitude added by the flute and the exotic drum samples.
I used sfz, various Soundfonts, Bionic Delay, some samples and the eXT arpeggiator.

Schritte
"Schritte" means "footsteps", and the name is because of my recorded footsteps that i used as a beat. It is dominated by brass, Rhodes, a punchy Bass and my feet.
I used sfz, various Soundfonts, my Mic and my shoes.

cheap plastic toys
I made this last weekend. It is rather synthetic, everthing in this song sounds like plastic.
I used two drumloops, ComboSister and my Novation K-Station (i guess the reason for the plastic sound...).

screaming above trebles
Also a result of last weekend :) It is electric, "dubby", laid-back but also a bit aggressive (because of the lead).
I used sfz, a CP-80 soundfont, a bass sample, a break, vocal samples, The Devil Inside, Classic Chorus and a Delay.

short cromatic statement
This is no ad for eXT's possibilities, but anyway...
It is a one minute piano take over a two-step beat.
Gear: My piano and drum oneshots.

Furthermore, there is a nice breakbeat arrangement made in eXT on my HDD, but i won't upload it because it contains samples that i'm not allowed to distribute...sorry

If you luv or h8 it, PM me :)

o.k. - I think it's time to post one of my tunes (done in eXT's sequencer):

Graffiti-Road

Tha's probably not the final version but I am quite satisfied with it for now. :-D

Enjoy!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Here is the latest reincarnation of this tune. Hopefully somewhat improved?
MRT Dec.5

This is my latest finished track. All feedback welcome.
Scenic Route

My attempt at 80's jazz
RMIV Drums KKS Demo kit
DS404 Upright Bass,XT Arp
Ganymed First Sound Piano,3Trks XT Chords and lead
Sampletank 057 Trumpet,Envelope track on volume
Betabugs Simplesqueeze on the Bass, Buzzrooms Roomverb and TBT TLs Maximizer across the output.
All tracks are in the sequencer. Final mix recorded at the master out.

MRT
Last edited by MRT on Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jens wrote: Enjoy!
Enjoying!

What's the high fluty lead? (1:10) I like that sound a whole lot.

:-D thanks - the lead sound is Cameleon as well as most of the other sounds :-D

(yes, Simon, I know I know - no replies... :oops: )

jens wrote:o.k. - I think it's time to post one of my tunes (done in eXT's sequencer):

Graffiti-Road

Tha's probably not the final version but I am quite satisfied with it for now. :-D

Enjoy!
Good stuff, Jens!

MRT wrote:This is my latest finished track. All feedback welcome.
MRT
Very nice!
I really like the chords pregression. The trumpet melody is very nice to. (allthough I didnt like it´s sound) :)
The trumpet melody reminds me a bit of the record "Jazz from hell" with Zappa. Some of the chords do to, but in a much more relaxed/free/open way than what he made.

Could perhaps include a solo between 3:20 - 3:40 .... or a more active piano playing, just like what happens at 3:15

Very inspiring and fresh :)

Four minutes of ambient fluff:

(You will have to copy and paste the following url into your browser address window)

In The Beginning

My first completed project in EnergyXT (After 8 months of "playing"!!). The initial inspiration for this was discovering the "tone machine" in Kontakt - and what it did to my recorded voice. :shock:

Vocal Demo
Angelina demo
Drumatic
Kontakt demo (pitch shift and tonal edits on vocal)
Cheeze Machine
Synth1
Classic Reverb and Delay
KTGRanulator
SampleTank2 Free

Because of CPU issues, I had to record the Drumatic track with KTGranulator to wav and load it as an audio clip. (Apparently the track freeze feature does not freeze the track with effects included?)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers.
SWTrex

Well, I haven't completed anything in eXT yet (I don't blame this on any workflow problems, in case you're wondering), but I recently finished something cool with it that I guess I'll share because it's fun!

http://www.tjhsst.edu/~alederer/Music/R ... _Earth.mp3

Spacey dramatic cool stuff, I guess that's what you would call it (not ambient or nebular, but spacey... or maybe watery). Sampler for the opening pads (distorted strings), the marcato strings (SF2; had to go into each layer separately and adjust release), and the opening percussion. Synthwise, the spacey whistle lead is eJ, and the buzzy bass is z3ta+. I tried to do the main drumtrack in eXT sampler as well, but I wasn't able to, so I rendered a 4-bar drumtrack from FL, which is less than ideal, but it worked pretty well.

Everything's set up in the sequencer - fairly conventional setup overall, actually. CPU was becoming an issue, and I was having some trouble trying to slice the 4-bar drumtrack into pieces in the sequencer (have to look that up - the file menu caused an error message at that point), and I had to disassemble the computer so we could move it to the new house (here now, actually :) after many long hours of unpacking and all that). The german-sounding words (sounds like that to my non-german-speaking ears) are just ringmodded english numbers.

SWTrex! ... I tried copy/paste but I cannot get to your song. I get a yahoo message "This page is not available".

Mikael Adle wrote:SWTrex! ... I tried copy/paste but I cannot get to your song. I get a yahoo message "This page is not available".
MRT PM'd me with some comments on the piece, so he was apparently able to listen to it. (BTW, thanks for your kind words, MRT).

It may be a Yahoo / Geocities issue - they're picky about where the request is coming from. Don't know what else to tell you... sorry. :shrug:

Anyone else having success / failure in accessing it?

SWTrex

SWTrex!
Tried again and now it worked :)

WOW ... BIG.

I´m sitting here in front of my computer, looking out the window. Theres snow everywhere. The trees are frozen dark, with a white layer of snow. The sky is clear and as the evening sun makes the sky blue/red.

Perfect match with this music :)

A SOCIETY UNDER ANARCHISM is voluntary and free. Despite this fundamental characteristic of post-state society many anarchist thinkers forward their idea of how the free society is constituted; from anarcho-communist Bakunin’s “union of unions of unions” to anarcho-capitalist Rothbard’s free market society. Such structured views of anarchy serve as inspirations for how to organize one’s neighborhood, but cannot be taken as mandatory blueprints to be enforced under anarchy.

Download here. You can download the mp3 by clicking on the Collaborations tab.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I've a couple of tracks up on

http://guido.wusik.com

Wusikgroove - a little demo of Wusikstation, 8 instances sequenced in eXT, no external effects other than compression and limiting via Grancomp3 and BuzzMaxi.

Wusikgroove(guitar re-mix) - as above jammed some guitar into eXT and cut it up. Features my little Peavey Raptor (<£60), through JMC900, Blockfish, Floorfish, Classic chorus and delay - not necessarily in that order!

Anapurna - 6 instances of Wusikstation using only 'The Second Wave ' sound-sets and presets, compression and limiting as above, plenty of groove on the bass and drums.

I'm using eXT almost exclusively now I think the balance between complexity and workflow is just about spot on. A few tweaks to the audio editing and I'll be in "Host Heaven".

Trev

Return to “energyXT”