Synful Orchestra - wow!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

www.synful.com

The demos are amazing – and this thing only takes up 75 MB (the orchestra just 32 MB)! :-o :shock:

Off to download the trial version now. 8)

/Yoss

It sounds very good but there is still something not quite right IMO. Maybe it's the quality of the sounds rather than the programming. The strings sound a bit artificial/electronic especially in the Rites Of Spring passage. And the brass in Fanfare For the Common Man sounds like it's from some analogue synth or sf2 - very poor IMO. The articulations are very good though. Which is what this synth is about I suppose.

I prefer the EWQLSO silver/gold myself. And at $479 I'd expect more polished sounds reaching just beneath the quality of EWQLSO Gold and VSL Opus 1. Nice idea though and hopefully it will be developed into something a bit more polished sound wise.

Blimey, this is really a curiosity. The beethoven does sound incredible.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

I think this is designed for solo instruments really. Could work well in conjunction with a library like Gold.
Last edited by chagzuki on Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chagzuki wrote:I think this is designed for solo instruments really. Could work well in conjection with a library like Gold.
That's exactly what I'm thinking too. The brass does seem a bit less impressive than the rest but the strings and woodwinds are fantastic. :love:

/Yoss

And brass in libraries is usually the most convincing element, so they're already covered.

A collection of expressive solo orchestral instruments that doesn’t require you to buy a new hard drive – what a concept! :-o :hihi:

/Yoss

Last edited by M'Snah on Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HansM wrote:
... A new hard drive is only $50 ... :wink:

--HansM
I was referring to space, not cost. :wink:

/Yoss

hmm i liked the beethoven and fanfare demos (alot), but thought Rite of Spring and HariHara sucked. regardless, it's VERY pricey plug! :-o

:-o

These demos are impressive taken for granted its non-sampled modelling. Very, very impressed. The world of physical modelling certainly holds potential and its just waiting be unleashed. This is a step in the right direction and pretty amazing one too.

Hmmm.... not bad. Scared to the the CPU load though. The demo will have to wait probably until tomorrow for me though, considering today is Christmas. :)

Curious to see how much work it is to just what they did get. It does sound synthetic in some spots though.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

what a doo-doo brown GUI..

bleh..

Yes it does sound synthetic to me also. I hope they are able to improve on the sound. It's a very good idea that needs some refinement in the sound department. If they've developed it this far that shouldn't prove too much of a problem.

I just gave it a second listening and I am really, really impressed with it. I have done orchestral stuff for many years and I really believe this is a huge step. Its gonna blend very fine with orchestral libraries such as QLSO and others.

The Beethoven solo violins are just as good as anything else (conventially sampled) out there and I actually find them more expressive.

This is amazing!

Return to “Instruments”