attention developers!!! sign up sheet for competition

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi,

still in the idea stage but it would be great if you could sign up. the more the better. for those who don't know look at thread in this forum that starts with the word "brilliantish" with a lot of views and replies. it would be great if we could keep this for developers only, who are willing to join the comp , and the other one for anybody. I'm not a developer, I'm a nobody that's part of an organized mission to have fun while helping out to raise recognition for freeware/donationware developers. developers we love you, and we need you. :D

developer competition - here it is in simplest terms:

1 month collection time - donations stop at cap of $500.00 (funny we already have that in the other thread)

3 months of build time

freeware only - open source encouraged

everything goes in building (C++, SE whatever, wacky dev alliances allowed ... drool ... , build whatever you want to build - instrument, effect... )

open source encouraged

***FAIRPLAY during voting time is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED - may the best man/men win***

no bruised attitudes/no hard feelings

let's get this thing going. who knows... maybe next month we'll really get it going.

thank you

tuz

here's a list of devs who are willing to join so far :D :

SONICFIRE
KRAKLI
TINY GOD
XOXOS
BETA BUGS
SICKLECELL666
HAYDXN
NDC PLUGS
SCUZZPHUT
FXE
LIQIH SYNTH
TENCRAZY.COM
TWEAKBENCH
JTX000
CHASE
EFLUON
MDSP
ALGO
TOM7
H.G.FORTUNE
MAGNUS@SE
STEFANCRS I'm not sure yet
SCAMME
UGO

btw please let me know if I'm missing anybody or I misspelt your name or would like to go by a different name (eg Markleford=Tencrazy.com). and sorry if I have done this type of thing. will fix as soon as I'm aware of this.
Last edited by tuz on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.

by the way SONICFIRE was the first one to declare he was in. :D and KRAKLI said he would, too, if things really took off. so come on guys I beg you. make it happen. without you there'll be no such thing. :wink:

yep ..sounds good this way ... but, 3 months? shouldn´t we say 1 month? would be much more competition i think ... and monthly money to the winner(s)! :love: :hihi:

sonicfire wrote:yep ..sounds good this way ... but, 3 months? shouldn´t we say 1 month?
3 months is fairer for all devs and not just us SE Lego-Jockys

whoops, of course :oops: :roll: sorry... :lol:

Ummm. Effect or synth? Theme? Judging criteria?
Don't do it my way.

Borogove wrote:Ummm. Effect or synth? Theme? Judging criteria?
anything goes in terms of the plugin.
judging as I said is everybody should vote for their favorite plugin of the competition. for that I strongly encourage fair play. vote for the best man with the best plugin. anybody can vote but they must have more than 50 posts and it's better to have a manual/written post of one's vote. there won't be a poll hence no cheating. I'll count them one by one. and check their last posts if they look suspicious. I hope someone helps me count the votes.

tuz wrote:
Borogove wrote:Ummm. Effect or synth? Theme? Judging criteria?
anything goes in terms of the plugin.
judging as I said is everybody should vote for their favorite plugin of the competition. for that I strongly encourage fair play. vote for the best man with the best plugin.

Well, I'm in, but I'm concerned that without more focus, the judging will be something of a popularity contest. :shrug:
Don't do it my way.

we just have to trust people. when they vote maybe they could tell us why they voted. if they vote for the popular or the buddy they'd have to justify what they did, to themselves. may they burn in hell!!! :x of course, I'd like my team to win but I'll give my vote to the best man, and best man only. we should have a discussion about that and make people understand the importance of this. this is to raise awareness of you guys out there who make free stuff for us. and give everybody a chance to to how much they are appreciated. myself, I appreciate all you devs. seriously, if I had millions of dollars I wouldn't spare any money from you guys. right now I can't afford much but still. vote for the best plugin please!!!
Last edited by tuz on Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

:D I hope we cleared that Borogove. Now you're in too. Yes, BOROGOVE is in.

remember my surprise candidate?... it was XOXOS .. guess what??? HE'S IN TOO!!! :hyper: oh man this is getting too exciting.

I'll mention it to the dev team at Betabugs--

I have to admit, I'd rather a bit more focus, too, but a "free for all" can be fun sometimes, too. Like for the competitions in the Cafe (though I haven't entered one yet), I always prefer the themed ones, but every now and then a free-for-all is cool.

Greg

hmm..3 months is a long enough time..maybe I can do an SE equivelant of Grudge or something..I've never tried using SE really, but I can't imagine it's too terribly different..

edit: no promises.

the first time this happens, if it happens (seems like it's going in the right direction) we'll go by these rules. if there's a second time, we could tweak the rules. hell, we could tweak the rules even now if anything seems unreasonable. free for all seems reasonable for the first time. hmm seems like we have two more candidates who might join the comp. BETABUGS and SICKLECELL666 like I said earlier the more the better. :D

if it turns out that we're too busy and can't achieve it (what with uni etc) it's not going to be TOO bad if we hold our hands up and say sorry we can't manage it, is it?

if it's okay, then count me in, because i like a challenge.
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Return to “Instruments”