BEWARE of NDC's HARMONICAL!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI

This synth is DANGEROUS!!!

Seriously folks, IMO this should either have a BIG AND OBVIOUS WARNING about the level of sound that can be outputted or simply not be available.

I am sure a lot of work went into it and all but after tweaking a few controls I experienced the most awfull and LOUD sound bursts.

BE CAREFULL if you use this - any poor sod who demoes this with his/her volume turned up could in all seriousness BLOW their TWEETERS!!

Don't say I didn't warn you and if the developer is reading this - you need to consider putting a brick wall limiter on this or expect some unhappy bunnies contacting you.

Flipper.

have u thought about putting a limiter in your master ??

maybe even a master limiter...

DELETED

I always use a limiter when trying new VST/VSTis for safety. Recommended.

I always just turn the volume down before trying something new.

Put a limiter in my Master??

ahem.
NiallM wrote:One thing to watch out for is the values of the odd-numbered M controls – if you set these too high (4's a reasonable limit), the thing goes a bit crazy.
It's also in the readme. Maybe I should have made it a bit clearer, but I did state it was an experiment in my first post.

- NiallM.

Probably a good idea to highpass everything below 30hz or so, as well as using very conservative limiter settings with any new plug. DC offset/subsonic frequencies can be very damaging to sensitive monitors.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

HI

You try and save people a pair of replacement speakers and you get wise cracks!

Anyway, its reassuring to know people think about the hazzards of using plug-ins, my god - what a conversation piece.

Flipper.

original flipper wrote:my god - what a conversation piece.
:lol:
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

original flipper wrote:HI

Anyway, its reassuring to know people think about the using the Plug-ins of Hazzard

Yee haw! Jes' one thang -- 'roundabouts these parts, we call this kinda plug-in a "blues harpl," not a "harmonical." Now Ah hope you'll beg pardon, on accounta Ah gotta go catch me a possum, or brew me some 'shine, or some such quaint Southern-type thing.

(BTW, "Cooter" from the Dukes of Hazzard TV show actually ran for U.S. Congress in our district. I voted for him, but a Bush lap-dog got elected [no surprise there].)

torhan wrote:
original flipper wrote:HI

Anyway, its reassuring to know people think about the using the Plug-ins of Hazzard
I cant believe how many Dukes of Hazzard references have been put on KVR today. Reminds me of when I was 5 years old and I would run around in my Dukes of Hazzard underroos jumping my die cast metal General Lee and screaming Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haw!

Meffy what language is that ur speaking? :shock:

Return to “Instruments”