Voyager (freeware)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello people. Some of you might heard of Voyager synthesizer project I worked eons ago.

Is a really simple substractive synthesizer. I had in mind originally sell as shareware on my site http://www.aodix.com under low price, but changed mind recently and decided to finish a few bits of the code, and thought that would be good bundle aodix with this synthesizer. So now it's released as freeware.

At the moment my time is fully dedicated to Directwave VSTi/FLStudio and Aodix so it's not a good idea keep the synthesizer in the dust.

Sound demo:

Vocoder Demo

Presets banks by Ears and Joman respectively:

http://www.platinumears.com/ears_Voyager-Bank.zip
https://home.comcast.net/~jmalvey1/jomalbank.zip

The goodies:

- 4 Bandlimited oscillators (mipmapped wavetable) with hard sync/fm capable and "mirror" oscillator in each one to create PWM effects.

(FM in voyager works this way: output of oscillator N modulates N+1. So oscillator 2 FM is driven by oscillator 1 output. Oscillator 1 FM is driven by Oscillator 4 but with 1 sample delay)

- 2 LFO's
- 2 Filters with 2 different waveshapers (sine/tan)
- Sample accurate MIDI event handling.
- Pitch envelope.
- 32-Band stereo vocoder. (Use plugin as insert effect or use a proper VST host)
- Stereo Chorus and Echo FX units.

and the evils, hope the community will help here:

- No time to make a proper GUI.
- No time to make a default preset bank.
- No time to add some missing features like ability to sync the lfo's, (there're reserved parameter fields anyway).

The original knobs are made by odo.

Download the GUI bitmaps and the plugin here
Last edited by arguru on Fri May 27, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Btw: redownload the file if u did before the date in this reply because there was a nasty bug.
"If I could just say a few words... then I'd be a public speaker" -- Homer Simpson

yeah, looks simple to me..

:shock:

HOLY HUGE GUI

What do we do with the bmp's?

woah this thing is awesome though!

question: Is there a way to have the output of filter A to go into Filter B?

Kriminal wrote:What do we do with the bmp's?
ignore them and leave them in the same folder as the DLL

Well, it loads, but the GUI doesnt fit on the sreen, and when you move it, it blurs.....

unusable im afraid

Draw a damned great GUI using these as skeleton and send them to argu@aodix.com :-)

Indeed the interface is too big and if you're running in 1024x768, forget it.

(and buy a real display)

About blurring the interface, in wich host?
Last edited by arguru on Mon May 23, 2005 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal wrote:Well, it loads, but the GUI doesnt fit on the sreen, and when you move it, it blurs.....

unusable im afraid
Mine barely fits on 1 screen but moves just fine in FLStudio. I think this is very usable.

wow :shock:

I had an early beta of this but was under
a virtual NDA :hihi:

from what I remember it was a KICK ASS VA, must try this again.

thanks arguru :wink:

arguru wrote: Indeed the interface is too big and if you're running in 1024x768, forget it.

(and buy a real display)

About blurring the interface, in wich host?
I am running 1024x768 on a 17" FTT. Host is Orion Platinum 6

Buy a real 'display' is a bit of a knoby thing to say, imagine if someone wants to use this on a laptop???

anyway, ive taken your advice, and forgotten about it...and deleted it. Didnt even bother playing one note. Sarcasm and poor support from a dev dont do it for me, free or not.

Man, take it easy.

I was joking (sorry if you feel attacked). I'm guilty of course of doing such a big crap-ass interface. But read the original post mate: NO TIME TO WORK / GIVE SUPPORT TO IT! =) (at least for a window of 2 or 3 months).

It was just release as it's now or nothing.

Fair enough. Maybe someone can make a smaller GUI sometime.

Kriminal wrote:Host is Orion Platinum 6
Just bugger off, will ya?

:bang: :hihi: :bang:

Return to “Instruments”