makunouchi bento - trcutu LP - our views on classics

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(mp3/free) makunouchi bento - trcutu is OUT NOW !
( as heard @ AVmotional 2 - Cluj )

[one020] - makunouchi bento - trcutu
This latest offering from Makunouchi Bento is a special one indeed - interpretation of and sound excursion into a few of their favorite classical compositions by such powerful and original composers as Erik Satie, Anton Arensky, Maurice Ravel., they hold nothing back while adapting them within the Mabento realm.

With its twists of melancholy, nostalgia, and even childlike amusement - Trcutu manages to hold onto a genuine historical and aesthetic interest found within some of the originals. At times picking up the melodies and running them through the spontaneity and textural styles of their own; while at others working not just from the originals but the influence and atmosphere felt by listening to them. Cover artwork by Guillaume Richard (kaneel). Gallery by Adrian Leverkuhn and Katharine Mahalic.

download it now from:
http://one.dot9.ca/2/releases.php?id=024

reviews needed.
thanks !

Hey, I'm totally enjoying this! Smart, funny, infinitely melancholy.
Very few of these projects manage to add something useful to the originals, but I'd say this is almost(!) up there with Biosphere's Debussy album (although less "destructive" maybe).

Great job. I'm very impressed. Thanks for giving it away.

edit: this does not apply to ALL the tracks, I'm finding out... ;)
Rakkervoksen

thanks for listening. it was a live act we set up for AVmotional 2 fest then we thought it's interesting enough to release it as free project. because - after all - it's not our music. it's just our vision about the music we chosen to use as base for this project. so it must be free :)

I've just started downloading the whole thing Felix. :D [on dial-up, so I don't know if I'm going to have the patience to download all of it, but that's the plan anyway :D ]

OK. Almost all of them downloaded - can't wait to listen to them, I want to d/l the whole album before I listen to any of them. :D :D

As I'm a bit ignorant regarding classical music, can you name the original composers of each track? - I'm curious. :D

TristezaOrange wrote: As I'm a bit ignorant regarding classical music, can you name the original composers of each track? - I'm curious. :D
01 evening in ararat valley
composed by alexander arutiunian
02 prelude (op. 63-10)
composed by anton arensky
03 etude no. 7
composed by i. ilin
04 gymnopédie no. 1
composed by erik satie
05 trois beaux oiseaux du paradis
composed by maurice ravel
06 gymnopédie no. 2
composed by erik satie
07 miniature
composed by j. ivanov
08 soldier's dance
composed by alexander arutiunian
09 etude (op. 74-8)
composed by anton arensky
10 gnossienne no. 1
composed by erik satie
11 untitled
composed by a. ostrovsky

Hey, thanks mute :D :D

who likes it and wants to review it: ( is able to do it here)

http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-deta ... nid=one020

another review here:
http://www.genshimedia.com/musou/

no more feedback ?:)

_waks

I thoroughly enjoyed prelude (op. 63-10) - haven't listened to the other ones yet though.

wowsers
as always a great relase wakax

great stuff indeed :)

Return to “Music Cafe”