Musicradar.com : 4.5/5 (read the test)
Computer Music Magazine : 9/10.
The SVF-42 is an analog state variable filter emulation with extreme resonance, analog soft clip, and offering many modulation and automation abilities, including VirtualCV.
Features overview :
- Analog modeled State Variable Filter (LPF, BPF and HPF modes).
- 2 or 4 poles.
- No FFT algorithms, but true analog components emulation.
- Internal audio quality is 64-bit double precision with 4x upsampling frequency for the filter section. However, this version only works on x86 platforms in 32-bits hosts (this has nothing to do with audio quality, only maximum usable RAM by your host. Read a good explanation here or here).
- SSE2 CPU optimization.
- Audio input envelope follower for cutoff or resonance modulation.
- Sidechain input for cutoff or resonance modulation.
- Unique analog modeled soft clip algorithm.
- MIDI notes input to set the cutoff frequency and/or trigger the envelope.
- 2 VirtualCV inputs for analog-style parameter automation.
- MIDI-syncable LFO modulator with stereophonic phase adjustment parameter.
- Dry / Wet mix parameter.
- Left/Right LED Meterin
Watch a demo video here.
Important : if you use a 64-bit DAW, you can use jbridge to run SVF-42 on it. (Read comments about 32-bit and 64-bit above)
Click here to read a detailed features description.
"The SVF-42 sounds absolutely superb, seductively fluid, whip-crack sharp and ear-warmingly analogue. It is a flying start for Slicksquare and a righteous gem of a filter"!
Note : 9/10
- Computer Music Magazine, Special 200th issue, February 2014 (page105)